I really wouldn't buy distilled water from eBay. Anyone can buy a cheap water distiller and start selling distilled water on eBay.

De-ionized water is easy to make because ions are attracted to positive and negative terminals. Distilled water requires filtering multiple times depending on the quality.

What about this stuff from Specialtech? http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/Mayhems-Ultra-Pure-H20-Water--1-Litre-pid-12494.html

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Mayhems is a tricky brand to talk about because of all the mixed opinions surrounding them. I would certainly trust them more than a random guy off eBay.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I really wouldn't buy distilled water from eBay. Anyone can buy a cheap water distiller and start selling distilled water on eBay.

De-ionized water is easy to make because ions are attracted to positive and negative terminals. Distilled water requires filtering multiple times depending on the quality.

Try asking any pharmacy, especially ones near medical/dental centers. We sell distilled water for medical uses for relatively cheap (in Canada anyways)

Try asking any pharmacy, especially ones near medical/dental centers. We sell distilled water for medical uses for relatively cheap (in Canada anyways)

I didn't actually try it myself but haven't heard about people having any luck with it online.

I think the fact people buy distilled water online for the price they sell it at in the uk is a sign that you can't buy it anywhere.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Physical shops. In america you can buy distilled water very very cheaply at any supermarket as I understand it.

Same In australia its everywhere discount warehouses shopping markets car stores

I asked in my local pharmacy yesterday and they said they didn't have any. :/

I can easily get Distiled water here in New Zealand but can De-ionised so that is what I use, it doesn't realy matter(people will always say their preference) but from my research(you may do your own, but if so why ask) just get what is easiest.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

it doesn't realy matter(people will always say their preference) but from my research(you may do your own, but if so why ask) just get what is easiest.

De-ionized water is not as good as distilled water because any non-ionic particles remain in the water.

De-ionized water will get ionized again very quickly on contact with the atmosphere. As you are pouring it into an air filled loop and then having to bleed out the bubbles by the time you are finished it will no-longer be de-ionized.

De-ionized water is not as good as distilled water because any non-ionic particles remain in the water.

De-ionized water will get ionized again very quickly on contact with the atmosphere. As you are pouring it into an air filled loop and then having to bleed out the bubbles by the time you are finished it will no-longer be de-ionized.

Yes but it doesn't matter when in a loop only is you cover your pc in it. However distilled water is the same.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Yes but it doesn't matter when in a loop only is you cover your pc in it. However distilled water is the same.

Distilled water is different from de-ionized water.

If you look at how to produce de-ionized and distilled water you will see that distilled water is made using a completely, much more simple process.

Disitilled water:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Distilled-Water

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distilled_water

De-ionized water:

http://puretecwater.com/what-is-deionized-water.html

Distilled water is different from de-ionized water.

If you look at how to produce de-ionized and distilled water you will see that distilled water is made using a completely, much more simple process.

Disitilled water:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Distilled-Water

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distilled_water

De-ionized water:

http://puretecwater.com/what-is-deionized-water.html

I know but in the end they will both ionized. If I could be Disitilled i would use that but I can not.

Green Machine

I know but in the end they will both ionized. If I could be Disitilled i would use that but I can not.

Distilled water has all the tiny particles inside it removed. That's the thing you don't want in your loop as they could accumulate in your loop.

The conductivity is actually irrelevant in your loop as it will short circuit any components it lands on anyway if it does leak.

Distilled water has all the tiny particles inside it removed. That's the thing you don't want in your loop as they could accumulate in your loop.

The conductivity is actually irrelevant in your loop as it will short circuit any components it lands on anyway if it does leak.

Bloody hell. OK then what do you suppose people put in their loops if they can not get Distilled watter? Also why has my loop not clogged up using De-ionised water?

Green Machine

Bloody hell. OK then what do you suppose people put in their loops if they can not get Distilled watter? Also why has my loop not clogged up using De-ionised water?

I said "could". I never said you couldn't put de-ionized water in your loop. I was just contradicting your statement that de-ionized and distilled water is the same.

If you can't get distilled water you should be trying to get some coolant. If you cannot get either then you could get de-ionized water or you could even use filtered tap water as a last resort.

By that point I personally would be distilling the water myself if I couldn't get any coolant.

I said "could". I never said you couldn't put de-ionized water in your loop. I was just contradicting your statement that de-ionized and distilled water is the same.

If you can't get distilled water you should be trying to get some coolant. If you cannot get either then you could get de-ionized water or you could even use filtered tap water as a last resort.

By that point I personally would be distilling the water myself if I couldn't get any coolant.

I mean they they both ionize the same not they they are the same thing. Also coolant with anything other than water will clog up blocks in loops.

Green Machine

I mean they they both ionize the same not they they are the same thing. Also coolant with anything other than water will clog up blocks in loops.

Conductivity (which is proportional to the number of ions in the water) is un-important in a water cooling loop. I assume you want to use de-ionized water because of its lower electrical conductivity. But, by the time your water spills on your PCB, if it does, it will already be conductive to short-circuit your components no matter what water you use.

Coolant is effectively distilled water with additives to prevent corrosion and biocides to stop anything growing inside the loop and sometimes has a dye added. That is why if I couldn't get distilled water; coolant would be my next choice.

Conductivity (which is proportional to the number of ions in the water) is un-important in a water cooling loop. I assume you want to use de-ionized water because of its lower electrical conductivity. But, by the time your water spills on your PCB, if it does, it will already be conductive to short-circuit your components no matter what water you use.

Coolant is effectively distilled water with additives to prevent corrosion and biocides to stop anything growing inside the loop and sometimes has a dye added. That is why if I couldn't get distilled water; coolant would be my next choice.

I use De-ioonised as I can not he distilled and coolant in my country is horrendously expensive(even without dye) as De-ioonised id $5 for 5 liters and coolant is $40-50 for 1lt.

Green Machine