Best build for the money? (v2)

Dathtom

This is just an update from a thread I posted eariler this week. - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20885-best-build-for-the-money/

If you guys could take another look, I've tweaked things a bit - 

http://www.scan.co.u...74e8395b8842968

Ignore the 'Scansure', no idea why they put that on there.

Thanks!

Tom

Case: Corsair 500R ¦ Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 ¦ CPU: i5-3570K @  4.7Ghz ¦ Cooler: H100i ¦ Graphics: MSI R7950 Twin Frozer III ¦ PSU: Corsair CX750M ¦ Storage: 1x OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1x Seagate 500gb, 1x WD 1TB Blue ¦¦

get some 1600Mhz RAM? its the biggest gain in speeds, after that it tends to tail off. Do you not want to overclock??

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

oh lol, dvd rom, i guess ... you download games from internet, and if you really need for the install, just get one from friend and install, and give it back. seriously lol.

better spend 5 pound it on extra fan and put it at the side to cool the gpu and OC it, and with the extra money buy a game from steam lol

oh lol, dvd rom, i guess ... you download games from internet, and if you really need for the install, just get one from friend and install, and give it back. seriously lol.

better spend 5 pound it on extra fan and put it at the side to cool the gpu and OC it, and with the extra money buy a game from steam lol

It's not for me, its for my friend who asked for it. 

get some 1600Mhz RAM? its the biggest gain in speeds, after that it tends to tail off. Do you not want to overclock??

No he won't be overclocking, as it's not a 'K' series processor anyway. Don't think more RAM speed makes a huge difference in performance unless you can prove me wrong :)

Case: Corsair 500R ¦ Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 ¦ CPU: i5-3570K @  4.7Ghz ¦ Cooler: H100i ¦ Graphics: MSI R7950 Twin Frozer III ¦ PSU: Corsair CX750M ¦ Storage: 1x OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1x Seagate 500gb, 1x WD 1TB Blue ¦¦

It's not for me, its for my friend who asked for it. 

No he won't be overclocking, as it's not a 'K' series processor anyway. Don't think more RAM speed makes a huge difference in performance unless you can prove me wrong :)

RAM doesn't have a big difference in performance, but 1600MHz is a good baseline RAM. I am not sure about you, but in America it's only a $5 or so difference, so you might as well go for the higher speed. 

5 dollar for 1 fps lol. i think latency is more important than 1333 vs 1600. especially since ram prices are sky rocketing for reasons unknown O.o North korea threat ? lol

RAM doesn't have a big difference in performance, but 1600MHz is a good baseline RAM. I am not sure about you, but in America it's only a $5 or so difference, so you might as well go for the higher speed. 

Changed :) £3 difference. 

5 dollar for 1 fps lol. i think latency is more important than 1333 vs 1600. especially since ram prices are sky rocketing for reasons unknown O.o North korea threat ? lol

From what I've heard it's becuase of a greater demand for memory for smartphones, which means less supply for PC's. Less supply + High Demand = Higher Prices.

From what I've heard it's becuase of a greater demand for memory for smartphones, which means less supply for PC's. Less supply + High Demand = Higher Prices.

Yip yip

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

low demand actually :)