New sound card with Astro a50

Go to solution Solved by Guest Kloaked,

Getting a soundcard will not make your audio sound better under most circumstances. The Mixamp that you get from Astro is a soundcard itself. 

Another thing to note is nothing you do will make Astro's headphones sound better. They're not exactly the best sounding thing on the market, especially for the high mark-up they have.

Hi,

so I currently use a pair of Astro a50's. The transmitter is connected to my computer via optical cable and then transmits wirelessly to my headset. I was thinking about getting a sound card, will it help me get better audio quality or since my headset is wireless, the software from the transmitter is the component limiting the quality? 

THanks guys

An optical cable is completly digital changing the source will have nothing to do with the quality

`The quality on the headset isn't enough to justify a soundcard anyway. Don't bother. :P

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

Getting a soundcard will not make your audio sound better under most circumstances. The Mixamp that you get from Astro is a soundcard itself. 

Another thing to note is nothing you do will make Astro's headphones sound better. They're not exactly the best sounding thing on the market, especially for the high mark-up they have.

Hi,

so I currently use a pair of Astro a50's. The transmitter is connected to my computer via optical cable and then transmits wirelessly to my headset. I was thinking about getting a sound card, will it help me get better audio quality or since my headset is wireless, the software from the transmitter is the component limiting the quality? 

THanks guys

Don't do what I did for a year with my A50's you may very well still be using your USB for sound. go into your playback devices and make sure you are using your (optical) output and not USB haha :P

Also as above optical is digital not analog so a new sound card won't do anything at all. Also your Mixamp is your amp/dac so your headphones use that.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)