Which GTX970s would SLI best

Fleonar

No blower coolers are not a must. As long as you have an intake and exhaust which all cases do, they are useless.

And seriously, what self builder / gamer still uses a plain old beige box to build their PC in? Just about any current case capable of fitting two GTX 970s is going to have sufficient case cooling to not need junky blower coolers on the graphics cards.

Linus is my fetish.

No blower coolers are not a must. As long as you have an intake and exhaust which all cases do, they are useless.

And seriously, what self builder / gamer still uses a plain old beige box to build their PC in? Just about any current case capable of fitting two GTX 970s is going to have sufficient case cooling to not need junky blower coolers on the graphics cards.

If somone goes for an sli set up in an matx case (like the one on linus' channel), I would say blowers are a must...

Most atx cases however are probably better off with open designs, but I do believe there are exceptions, as some still have exceptionally poor air flow

I just hop that case flows better then an a 540. My open air coolers caused everything to run a bit hotter, especially my h100i.

If you're only single 1080 gaming I doubt the card will work hard enough to get that hot anyway.

Seeing in how that blower style is so ugly compared to 980, I would just get two of those.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz