Please help with my first build

Jayden.Viv

and i'm sorry, but I do not want to spend $500 on a graphics card. maybe down the track when things get a bit jumpy I might upgrade, but for now, I just want it up and running for a few years

and i'm sorry, but I do not want to spend $500 on a graphics card. maybe down the track when things get a bit jumpy I might upgrade, but for now, I just want it up and running for a few years

You're building a GAMING PC, and you're fine spending 200$~ on a case, 300-400$ on a custom water cooling, buying an uber expensive keyboard and mouse... But you don't want to spend money where it counts in a gaming PC....... You will not get any boosts in gaming with an expensive case/keyboard/mouse...

Get your priorities straight and say it:

-do you want a PC that looks good and can play games at lower setting

or

-do you want a pc that plays games on ultra settings 60FPS and looks decent, no mambo jumbo expensive stuff.... 

is that better than the 4gb versions??

As far as i know, there're no 4Gb version of 280, only 3Gb and 6Gb (they're rare though)...

If you mean 970, then 280 definitely isn't better than 970... like i said, 970 is around 30-40% better than 280...

You're building a GAMING PC, and you're fine spending 200$~ on a case, 300-400$ on a custom water cooling, buying an uber expensive keyboard and mouse... But you don't want to spend money where it counts in a gaming PC....... You will not get any boosts in gaming with an expensive case/keyboard/mouse...

Get your priorities straight and say it:

-do you want a PC that looks good and can play games at lower setting

or

-do you want a pc that plays games on ultra settings 60FPS and looks decent, no mambo jumbo expensive stuff.... 

As far as i know, there're no 4Gb version of 280, only 3Gb and 6Gb (they're rare though)...

If you mean 970, then 280 definitely isn't better than 970... like i said, 970 is around 30-40% better than 280...

ok, I understand now where you are coming from. I might get a cheaper mouse and keyboard for the time being and get the 970. Also I might post pone the custom water cooling a couple of weeks when I earn some more money.

ok, I want a custom water cooled system because of the looks, plus the benefits of one. I am a huge razer fan. If you can suggest a better motherboard, graphics card and cpu, please do so at pc case gear. :).      I also want to game so specs are also important to me

If you like Razor, I will do what I can for Green themed build.

I already have a set up in mind with a custom water cooled system that I will install down the track

No can do, the old Gigabyte Green scheme Z87 boards are all gone. Although I did find this Corsair Vengeance LP

can you up the budget too 2200 Australian Dollar ?

http://www.pccasegear.com/sc/qFR

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

so this is what I came up with in the end: http://www.pccasegear.com/sc/yDV. I will buy the custom water cooling down the track :)

Again, remember to follow your topics, so you can get notifications when somebody replies to them :D

I see that you're dead set on that case....

Just downgrade your Mouse and Keyboard to something cheaper, so you could get an 850W PSU :) I know that it's overkill, but i'm guessing you're going to be OC'in the CPU,and probably the GPU, which should have a very good OC'ing potential since it has low TDP :D

Again, remember to follow your topics, so you can get notifications when somebody replies to them :D

I see that you're dead set on that case....

Just downgrade your Mouse and Keyboard to something cheaper, so you could get an 850W PSU :) I know that it's overkill, but i'm guessing you're going to be OC'in the CPU,and probably the GPU, which should have a very good OC'ing potential since it has low TDP :D

Hahaha yea that is true, I'll upgrade the psu. Even though it is overkill :D

Thank you athesean1, I will take a lot of considerations to your suggestions like the storage, motherboard, ram and psu. But the graphics card; I don't think I need a 4gig model at the moment because that would be more for when I have a larger screen or two. I only have a 24inch 1080p. I don't think I will need a 4gig model.

thanks man but i chose that gpu because it was cherry picked by gigabyte for great overclocking and it will be the one i will use in my future build

u wot m7+1

hmmmmm, idk which is better, the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Motherboard or the asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 motherboard.

and I still don't understand why I need to spend $500 on a graphics card???

so you can get better performance and oc them further

u wot m7+1

if you spend more now then you wont have to upgrade for 3-5 years

u wot m7+1

so this is what I came up with in the end: http://www.pccasegear.com/sc/yDV. I will buy the custom water cooling down the track :)

ssd?

if you are going to buy custom water cooling the upgrade your componets first, i have never heard of someone doing custom water cooling with an i5

u wot m7+1