Quick Pump Question

I'm building my water loop in my 760T, and due to space restrictions I need to use a 3/8ID on the inlet of the MCP655. However all the other tubing is going to be 1/2ID. I know there are going to be negative effects from this, i'm just not sure how bad they are going to be. So I guess my quick question is. How will that affect my loop?

I'm building my water loop in my 760T, and due to space restrictions I need to use a 3/8ID on the inlet of the MCP655. However all the other tubing is going to be 1/2ID. I know there are going to be negative effects from this, i'm just not sure how bad they are going to be. So I guess my quick question is. How will that affect my loop?

The performance difference between 3/8ID and 1/2 (4/8)ID is negligible. This has been tested.

Also, the ID isn't really what matters when trying to navigate space constrictions. If you were to get 3/8ID 5/8OD the tubing would be just a bit smaller than 1/2ID 3/4OD.

However, I assume you're talking about using 3/8ID 1/2OD tubing?

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Also, the ID isn't really what matters when trying to navigate space constrictions. If you were to get 3/8ID 5/8OD the tubing would be just a bit smaller than 1/2ID 3/4OD.

However, I assume you're talking about using 3/8ID 1/2OD tubing?

If you are using barbs then this^^^ is correct but if you are using compressions then this^^^ is half way correct as with compressions the ID and OD needs to be followed or you may get a compression ring not being able to securely fit on its barb which can result in leaks.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

If you are using barbs then this^^^ is correct but if you are using compressions then this^^^ is half way correct as with compressions the ID and OD needs to be followed or you may get a compression ring not being able to securely fit on its barb which can result in leaks.

I'm not implying that the OP shouldn't use the same ID and OD for both the fittings and tubing, especially when it comes to compression fittings.

What I'm saying is that if he wants thinner tubing for spacing saving reasons he should also consider OD.

3/8ID 5/8OD tubing would be almost as thick as 1/2ID 3/4OD tubing.

If he wants thinner tubing both the ID and OD have to be smaller. Hench 3/8ID 1/2OD.

Logically, you should get the same size of compression fittings as your tubing size for the perfect fit. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I'm not implying that the OP shouldn't use the same ID and OD for both the fittings and tubing, especially when it comes to compression fittings.

What I'm saying is that if he wants thinner tubing for spacing saving reasons he should also consider OD.

3/8ID 5/8OD tubing would be almost as thick as 1/2ID 3/4OD tubing.

If he wants thinner tubing both the ID and OD have to be smaller. Hench 3/8ID 1/2OD.

Logically, you should get the same size of compression fittings as your tubing size for the perfect fit. 

B)  ;)

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Sorry it took me a while to respond. The tubing in question is 3/8ID to 1/2OD. I'm only using that from the res outlet to the pump inlet. the rest of my tubing is going to be 1/2ID to 3/4 OD. So in the inlet of the pump is going to be 3/8 ID tubing and the outlet is going to be 1/2ID tubing, i'm just curious if that is gonna be bad for the pump.

EDIT: The only reason im using the smaller tubing is because i need to make a 90 degree on the outlet of the res to the inlet of the pump, and the smallest biggest tubing i could get that would fit was that. The 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings where 3mm too big to fit. The fitting at the top of my res is also 1mm away from the fans on the top rad. So there is no room to move the res up. I have 10 1/2ID 3/4OD compression fittings and 2 3/8ID 1/2OD compression fittings. All my fittings are right thats not whats in question.