I know nothing about tablets need help!

Hail Hydra

my wife wants a  windows 8 tablet for everyday use.... what prices am i looking at for good rated stuff?  is there anything sub 200$ usd  

Please give me all your suggestions

EDIT

after talking to my wife more, she wants a tablet that has a dock or what i think she really wants is a touch screen laptop that is thin that can double as a table. ( i think they are called think pads ) Now understand thats its a more specific kind of laptop she wants it will cost more. So i guess im looking for options in that field description.

So now i search for a laptop really thing with touch screen options that can be detached from keyboard. I realize this will be more than 200 bucks. Any with knowledge of whats good in this field care to share and the price ranges I would need to look at 

my wife wants a  windows 8 tablet for everyday use.... what prices am i looking at for good rated stuff?  is there anything sub 200$ usd  

For everyday use it would probably be better to get something Android based for sub $200, unless you want to go for those Chinese Bay Trail tablets, but with most of them being 1GB RAM they're a bit limited in use in terms of full Windows functionality 

"Rawr XD"

If you live in the US(more specifically near a Microcenter) then Winbook has some Sub $200 options. They are pretty decent considering the price, but if you spend more there is better.

Going cheap on tablet is the last thing you should do. Don't buy android tablets under $200 brand new because it will never worth it. Nexus 7 should be pretty cheap. There is also several good and somewhat cheap Samsung tablet like the Tab 4 line up. If anything just get the iPad Mini Retina (2nd gen) it is only $299 for the 16gb right now. For everyday use, these options are much better than a Windows tablet.

Going cheap on tablet is the last thing you should do. Don't buy android tablets under $200 brand new because it will never worth it. Nexus 7 should be pretty cheap. There is also several good and somewhat cheap Samsung tablet like the Tab 4 line up. If anything just get the iPad Mini Retina (2nd gen) it is only $299 for the 16gb right now. For everyday use, these options are much better than a Windows tablet.

after talking to my wife more, she wants a tablet that has a dock or what i think she really wants is a touch screen laptop that is thin that can double as a table. ( i think they are called think pads ) Now understand thats its a more specific kind of laptop she wants it will cost more. So i guess im looking for options in that field description

after talking to my wife more, she wants a tablet that has a dock or what i think she really wants is a touch screen laptop that is thin that can double as a table. ( i think they are called think pads ) Now understand thats its a more specific kind of laptop she wants it will cost more. So i guess im looking for options in that field description

Asus Transformer Book T100

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

The microsoft surface costs a little more than $200 but is amazing!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!