How to download Mac OS X in Windows OS

Good Day Guys,

I have a question to you all, I hope I don't offend Linus for this, how can I download an iso/dmg file of Mac OS X (any of them mountain lion upwards)? One of the dept. head in our work ask one of my coworker to look at her macbook because it being slow, to make the long story short we decided to "reformat it" and we need a way to download it and transfer it to make a bootable USB drive. We don't have another macbook to do this and I don't have any experience on Mac, cause its so damn expensive here don't have the money to buy one. Is there any way to download it in windows?

thanks in advance :D

afaik as i know you have to use an apple device to do it. Perhaps you can go to an apple store. Plus why would linus be offended he even did a hackintosh build himself. 

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

there is no way to download it without another mac with the App Store

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

Umm, just download a copy of OS X via the AppStore on the Mac and create a bootable OS X installer vie terminal. That is the legal way of doing it.

Also when you boot a mac it should give you an option to download OS X in the boot loader.

\

You have to download it with osx. There is no 'legal' way of downloading it on a PC.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

ask a friend or something maybe. You used to be able to buy Lion usb sticks direct from apple 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

You have to download it with osx. There is no 'legal' way of downloading it on a PC.

Best thing you could do is set up a VM of OS X and download a clean version from the store and create the installer.

\

Does it need to be from the Mac App store or can it also be a hackintosh distro

http://hackintosh.zone/hackintosh-downloads/file/75-niresh-mac-os-x-mavericks-109-with-amd-intel-usb/

Make an account and click the red "download" button.

I recommend not using Niresh's build. He leaves quite a bit of stuff out and to be honest, it's both bare and unstable. (On my system, that is.)

Best thing you could do is set up a VM of OS X and download a clean version from the store and create the installer.

This is in fact your best bet.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I recommend not using Niresh's build. He leaves quite a bit of stuff out and to be honest, it's both bare and unstable. (On my system, that is.)

This is in fact your best bet.

I'm lucky enough to have an iMac and access to over 45 MacBooks so that's my solution but I have used OS X Mavericks in VMWare before and it works like a charm. It's also nice to be able to try out OS X without reformatting your system and having all the troubles that come with Hackintoshing.

\

I'm lucky enough to have an iMac and access to over 45 MacBooks so that's my solution but I have used OS X Mavericks in VMWare before and it works like a charm. It's also nice to be able to try out OS X without reformatting your system and having all the troubles that come with Hackintoshing.

Luckily, I have access to my dad's MBA and my Mac Mini, so I am covered. But from using the VMWare method (appreciate the help BTW), it works perfectly.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Wow didn't expect reply coming. Thank you very much. Regarding the download from the macbook itself. Well we tried it but the connection in our office is a little bit stupid (ISP problem you know 3rd world country problems) that I want to download the file at home, cause my connection at home is more stable but still very slow (it will take me around 3 days to completely download a 5gb file, of course I turn off my PC at night cause of electricity bill problem). I want to try the VM ware one but that will cause around 2x the burden cause I need to download the VM ware iso of OS X then download the real OS X for installation. But still thanks for the replies I really appreciated it :D

"How to download Mac OS X in Windows OS" Easy just torrent from your personal favorite pirate sites, installing is likely what you meant.

You either need to download the OS X installer app off the app store, order an install disk from apple, or torrent it. Since you have bad speeds, the disk looks like your best bet. If you cant get a disk, you will just need to go to an apple store, and have them help.