Nexus 9 vs Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 or 10.5

KFC FTW

Hi, recently I have been searching for a new tablet for a couple months now, and i'm stuck between these two options. Both have it's pros and cons, such as the new nexus has a lower resolution screen compared to the tab s, the tab s doesn't have the new Android (lollipop), etc. 

If i'm getting the tab s i'm also stuck with which one I should get between the 8.4 inch screen and the 10.5 inch screen. Is the price really worth the screen?, is the button placement a tad awkward in comparison with the 8.4 inch screen?, Is the keyboard on the 10.5 inch screen that more comfortable in comparison to the keyboard in the 8.4 inch screen?

Here is a link for the specs comparison between the new nexus and the galaxy tab s 8.4: LINK

Here is a link for the specs comparison between the new nexus and the galaxy tab s 10.5: LINK

Here is a link for the specs comparison between the galaxy tab s 8.4 and the 10.5: LINK

Suggestions and justified answers are highly appreciated, thank you :)

P.S

I would like to add that I would probably use these tablets for travel and productivity, since i go out of town quite often and I would rather bring a tablet than my laptop (Macbook Pro 13 inch), since its quite heavy. And I would also listen to music, play some games, etc. And I would also bring this to class with the extra keyboard included in these tablets in case i forgot to charge my laptop overnight (yes i'm forgetful, no there aren't any places to charge my laptop mid class :/) AND most importantly I would use this to browse the web (primarily reddit), so light is good on one handed use I guess.

Not a big fan of them, but have you thought about an iPad mini? 

It could handle your tasks and would make sense in combination with your MacBook.

Not a big fan of them, but have you thought about an iPad mini? 

It could handle your tasks and would make sense in combination with your MacBook.

I think the iPad mini is a tad too small, i've tried the keyboard that my cousin has, and i don't find it comfortable because of the small layout. I have however tried the keyboards on the two samsung devices and they seem to be decent enough for use

on the other hand the iPad air is over my budget, since where i'm from apple products get INSANELY priced up in comparison to the original value in the US 

It's hard to answer since the Nexus 9 hasn't been released yet.

10.5 is way too big for one handed use, no matter how light the tablet is and it's also kinda odd for gaming.

The frontfacing speakers on the Nexus are a big plus when it comes to multimedia usage (gaming, music and videos).

Stock Android and the update support from Google are way better than Samsung's UI and their updates. Sure, the Tab S

is a great device but you can be sure that you won't get any Android Updates in 1 year. There will be at least 5 new 

Samsung Tablets in 1 year so they don't really care about updating their "old" tablets (learned this the hard way with my 

Note 10.1). Might sound like it isn't a big deal, but don't underestimate the missing updates to the latest Android version.

I would go for the Nexus 9.

If one handed use is a must then the Tab S 10.5 is out of the question, it is too big for holding it comfortably with one hand for extended periods of time. However, if you pretend to use it for productivity then it could be the best option, paired with a decent keyboard it will mostly be a great laptop replacement, and it's screen is just beautiful, just be warned, Super AMOLED does have burn image issues.

I own a 8.4 Tab S and it is great for it's size. It is super easy to hold with one hand and it's size and low weight make it a travelers dream. The only difference between the 10.5 and this one its the size and battery. I see the 8.4 as a "5+ inch smartphone replacement" and the 10.5 as a "light use laptop/netbook replacement". Both are great for multimedia though. Lollipop is definitely coming to this tablets, they're currently Samsung tablets flagships, the thing is we will most likely have to wait till next year for it to arrive.

The Nexus could be a middle ground, if you're looking for portability and good screen size for productivity this could be your best option. I would try to find one at a local store and try it for a couple of minutes.

Hope this helps you :)

I think the iPad mini is a tad too small, i've tried the keyboard that my cousin has, and i don't find it comfortable because of the small layout. I have however tried the keyboards on the two samsung devices and they seem to be decent enough for use

on the other hand the iPad air is over my budget, since where i'm from apple products get INSANELY priced up in comparison to the original value in the US 

Indonesia  ;)

Hi, recently I have been searching for a new tablet for a couple months now, and i'm stuck between these two options. Both have it's pros and cons, such as the new nexus has a lower resolution screen compared to the tab s, the tab s doesn't have the new Android (lollipop), etc. 

If i'm getting the tab s i'm also stuck with which one I should get between the 8.4 inch screen and the 10.5 inch screen. Is the price really worth the screen?, is the button placement a tad awkward in comparison with the 8.4 inch screen?, Is the keyboard on the 10.5 inch screen that more comfortable in comparison to the keyboard in the 8.4 inch screen?

Here is a link for the specs comparison between the new nexus and the galaxy tab s 8.4: LINK

Here is a link for the specs comparison between the new nexus and the galaxy tab s 10.5: LINK

Here is a link for the specs comparison between the galaxy tab s 8.4 and the 10.5: LINK

Suggestions and justified answers are highly appreciated, thank you :)

P.S

I would like to add that I would probably use these tablets for travel and productivity, since i go out of town quite often and I would rather bring a tablet than my laptop (Macbook Pro 13 inch), since its quite heavy. And I would also listen to music, play some games, etc. And I would also bring this to class with the extra keyboard included in these tablets in case i forgot to charge my laptop overnight (yes i'm forgetful, no there aren't any places to charge my laptop mid class :/) AND most importantly I would use this to browse the web (primarily reddit), so light is good on one handed use I guess.

Tab S is really light and thin i consider it to be a great tablet for a notebook replacement in the other hand the Nexus 9 is really good on the money and a 10 inch would just be too big. so its all preference but note: who knows when the nexus 9 is gonna come to Indonesia :/ 

Indonesia  ;)

Tab S is really light and thin i consider it to be a great tablet for a notebook replacement in the other hand the Nexus 9 is really good on the money and a 10 inch would just be too big. so its all preference but note: who knows when the nexus 9 is gonna come to Indonesia :/ 

Some one gets it  :), Indonesia mannn  <_<

Yeah i'm not buying the tablet in the coming weeks more like 1 1/2 months from now, i don't want to rush things. I learnt it the hard way when i bought the samsung galaxy s4 mini instead of the nexus 5 since i thought it wasn't coming out to Indonesia :(

I guess i have to be patient this time around to get the best option for the budget i'm having  :D

It's hard to answer since the Nexus 9 hasn't been released yet.
10.5 is way too big for one handed use, no matter how light the tablet is and it's also kinda odd for gaming.

The frontfacing speakers on the Nexus are a big plus when it comes to multimedia usage (gaming, music and videos).
Stock Android and the update support from Google are way better than Samsung's UI and their updates. Sure, the Tab S
is a great device but you can be sure that you won't get any Android Updates in 1 year. There will be at least 5 new 
Samsung Tablets in 1 year so they don't really care about updating their "old" tablets (learned this the hard way with my 
Note 10.1). Might sound like it isn't a big deal, but don't underestimate the missing updates to the latest Android version.

I would go for the Nexus 9.

If one handed use is a must then the Tab S 10.5 is out of the question, it is too big for holding it comfortably with one hand for extended periods of time. However, if you pretend to use it for productivity then it could be the best option, paired with a decent keyboard it will mostly be a great laptop replacement, and it's screen is just beautiful, just be warned, Super AMOLED does have burn image issues.

I own a 8.4 Tab S and it is great for it's size. It is super easy to hold with one hand and it's size and low weight make it a travelers dream. The only difference between the 10.5 and this one its the size and battery. I see the 8.4 as a "5+ inch smartphone replacement" and the 10.5 as a "light use laptop/netbook replacement". Both are great for multimedia though. Lollipop is definitely coming to this tablets, they're currently Samsung tablets flagships, the thing is we will most likely have to wait till next year for it to arrive.

The Nexus could be a middle ground, if you're looking for portability and good screen size for productivity this could be your best option. I would try to find one at a local store and try it for a couple of minutes.

Hope this helps you :)

Yeah its such a bummer how Samsung doesn't update their products, and thats one of the main reasons why i didn't buy it in a heartbeat

I suppose i wont be getting the 10 inch tablet because 1 hand operation is a must for me since it feels much more comfortable to do things in the tablet without having the need for it to be placed in a table all the time. I like to read in the bed as well so 8-9 inches should be good for that use , thanks for the replies  :D