VOTE!

CartertheCOCguy

Okay, I posted a topic yesterday about headphones... But it was not good enough!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_            Situation: I need an around the ear headphone for riding the bus/general use.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Requirements: Around the ear, Closed Back, Good Sound Isolation/Sound Leakage, Good Flat sound, But detailed in the bass Response, 170$ Max price (USD)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Music: EVERYTHING, Literally Iisten to everything, But majority EDM/Top 40

post-59214-0-64025600-1413556318.png

The List: These are in no order, But vote for which pair I should get

1. BeyerDynamic Custom One Pros                    
2. Audio Technica ATH M50(x)

3. Audio Technica ATH M50 (non-x)

4. VModa Crossfade LP

5. CHC Silverado

Post If You have another suggestion! :)

If You are an owner of any of these cans, Leave your experience with them :)

i honestly dont think anyone is gonna be able to give you objective advice as they will pick the one they have. check out lachlanlikesathing on youtube and he has reviews of ath m50x and crossfade and that should help. 

i honestly dont think anyone is gonna be able to give you objective advice as they will pick the one they have. check out lachlanlikesathing on youtube and he has reviews of ath m50x and crossfade and that should help. 

Yeah! He is on of my favorite YTrs

Yeah! He is on of my favorite YTrs

i would say get the m50x or lp. good reviews of them but i havent personally heard either of em

There is no objective answer to that. It all depends on what kind of sound signature the thread starter likes most. The only true way to find out is for the thread starter to try them.

There is no objective answer to that. It all depends on what kind of sound signature the thread starter likes most. The only true way to find out is for the thread starter to try them.

yeh exactly. some headphones have a refund policy, if you have the money buy two of em and keep the one you prefer. or go to a headfi meetup

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, maybe it's info that OP could use too.  What is the difference between ATH-M50x, no x and the ATH-M40x?

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Some of us have owned many.

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, maybe it's info that OP could use too.  What is the difference between ATH-M50x, no x and the ATH-M40x?

Non-x is lacking a removable cable, and the pads degrade faster. M40X has a minutely less amount of bass response, though untrained ears probably wouldn't hear the difference on most tracks.

I would pick the custom one pro's since you can adjust the bass to your liking.  B)

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Some of us have owned many.

Non-x is lacking a removable cable, and the pads degrade faster. M40X has a minutely less amount of bass response, though untrained ears probably wouldn't hear the difference on most tracks.

haha yeh i forgot some people have the money to own loads of headphones. lucky bastards :P