What is the best case fan?

Itachi

Hey Guys,

I'm building a PC and I wanted to know what is the best case fan to use. I'm using the CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced.

I'm gonna need:

Top: Dual 120mm fans (I'm using the Corsair H100i radiator so I'm not sure if I can put the radiator on the top and use fans)

Side: Dual 120mm fans

Bottom: Single 120mm fan

Also I'm gonna have the Asus GTX GeForce 660 ti Graphics Card so I'm not sure right now if I can fit the HDD Cage Fan inside the case.

Thanks for the help.

Be Quiet Silent Wings 2. 

-damn-german-engineering-man_20120506072

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Noctua fans seem to be the most recommended but I use Bitfenix Spectre Pro's which are quiet, efficient and cheap so If your budget can't cover noctua fans that's probably your best bet.

Enermax TwisterPressure would be my top choice. Match the NF-F12 in static pressure and noise level, and beat them in airflow and price.

Also, if you're going to be using side fans I would highly recommend some Silverstone magnetic fan filters. FF123's or FF122's.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

800RPM GT's. They move a plenty of air while being inaudible for most people.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

800RPM GT's. They move a plenty of air while being inaudible for most people.

Unless they started making them again, you arnt gonna find any 800rpm GT'S that isn't a complete rip off.

As for the op, I'd say get some noiseblocker blacksilent pros, silverstone AP122's, NF-F12s,

Ap123s, gelid wings, spectre pros, silent wings or

E-loops.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Be quiet silent wings 2, noiseblocker blacksilent pro or e-loops and of course the silverstone ap122/123 are great as well.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Unless they started making them again, you arnt gonna find any 800rpm GT'S that isn't a complete rip off.

As for the op, I'd say get some noiseblocker blacksilent pros, silverstone AP122's, NF-F12s,

Ap123s, gelid wings, spectre pros, silent wings or

E-loops.

They still make GT's. Its just that Scythe isn't a distributor.If you can get them do it. Just don't get ripped off.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

You should pick up some of the Noctua Industrials. They're like the NF-F12 on roids plus they look better, imo.

Be quiet silent wings 2, noiseblocker blacksilent pro or e-loops and of course the silverstone ap122/123 are great as well.

Yup they are.

If you lube up the ap122 they are great fans for air flow.

Ap123 be good for static pressure.

Aerocool ds fans are great as well

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yup they are.

If you lube up the ap122 they are great fans for air flow.

Ap123 be good for static pressure.

Aerocool ds fans are great as well

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."