4790k temps

I just bought 4790k running on gigabyte z97 motherboard.Are these temps and volts ok?I haven't overclocked anything yet and is running on stock air cooler.

2hpsht0.png

1.392 Vcore? Jesus christ put that on manual to 1.3 and then set to adaptive PLEASE. Also idle temps do not mean a thing

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

1.392 Vcore? Jesus christ put that on manual to 1.3 and then set to adaptive PLEASE. Also idle temps do not mean a thing

but i havent set anything.it came stock like this.

Still too high, go to bios and set the voltage to manual 1.3V. Then boot the pc once and restart. Then go to bios again and set it to adaptive mode

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

If you running it at stock speed (and i dont recommend you anything else with stock cooler), you should be able to run it at or under 1.2V without any problems.

Look at all his voltages. They are all off. Hwmonitor has the same issues with mine lately. Doesn't read any of the voltages correctly.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Look at all his voltages. They are all off. Hwmonitor has the same issues with mine lately. Doesn't read any of the voltages correctly.

So what can I use to get the voltages correctly?Thanks.

*sigh* I just did Prime95 with my new build and I'm getting extremely disappointing load temps

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

What kind of temps? I'm getting ~67c on my 4690K @ 4.8GHz :)

75c

Thought it would be way way better with the setup I have.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

the bottleneck on those CPUs is the heat transfer instead of the actual output

But I thought the whole point of Devil's Canyon was much better TIM D:

I never get above 45 C degree when I render videos 100% usage on my 4790K

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

I had the same problem with a gigabyte MB and that processor, my volts where even higher. but right now i am able to run it stable at 4.500 Hz att 1.200v (and i am still testing to get it lower)

Still too high, go to bios and set the voltage to manual 1.3V. Then boot the pc once and restart. Then go to bios again and set it to adaptive mode

You know where to set it on addeptive with a gigabyte MB?

I never get above 45 C degree when I render videos 100% usage on my 4790K

Impressive, I get 65 C degree when rendering 100% and only run att 1.2v I use the same cooler, but with quiet fans and only push setup :)

greets

It goes to 1.317 sometimes every 5-10 seconds.I haven't overclocked it.Everything in BIOS is in Auto.and running on stock cooler.

I've heard of "Auto" on some motherboards defaulting to Vcores that are far too high, and there have been other threads around with similar issues (Telhma ;) ). If you're at stock, it should be more like 1.2–1.25 V. I'd set it manually in the BIOS, then check for stability. 1.3 V is what you'd need for a fairly large overclock.

You want to know my secret ? My H105 rad isn't getting air from inside the case but directly from outside and the rad isn't in the same case as my graphic cards ;)

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

I use this case, I've removed the hard drives cages and my power supply is in another 915 case below like the 915 at the top that hold my ram. So I get plenty of room for my graphics too but sick temp on my CPU too :D

You want to know my secret ? My H105 rad isn't getting air from inside the case but directly from outside and the rad isn't in the same case as my graphic cards ;)

Sweet, i use air from inside the case, because i have no dust-filters on top of my case :)

yes, but you're using ivy :)

my temps are very low and im at 1.36v which is kind of high

Nah I'm using the 4790k

Haven't updated my sig yet

ok lowered the voltage and now seems ok.Now it gets 88 degree under 100% load and keeps around 75 degree while gaming and 40 or less while idle.