[rant] Peoples Pc maintenance (if i fix it dont Fudge it!)

ok,

so ive got a pretty beefy rig (2600k/580-3gb/samsung-ssd/16gb-ram), the reason its fast (aside obvious hardware) is that i dont download cack that slows it down and i hae a pretty close eye on what my processes are open and if i can i turn off stuff in the registry that doesnt need to be on/uninstall useless cack that windows thinks you need, ie tablet controls, IM ON A DESKTOP, my screen is a 46" 1080p non touch screen! why would i need this? so i turn it off.

i go on my old laptop, a C2D1.6ghz with 8gb of ram* (upgrade from 4) onboard gpu etc etc

and its running a highly modified version of 7 64bit. i mean its stripped down to the bare minimum and put on a diet. there is nothing i hate more then a pc thats slow to do what i want, this leads me into my rant.

Yes i have good hardware but 70% of what makes a pc so fast is the OS, if you want yours as fast as mine(i get asked to make peoples laptops faster ALOT) then its going to take some time its not somthing thats doable over night(some cases) and people seem to think that this knowlege of windows just happens, no it doesnt, ive spent years infront of computers from windows 3.1 to 7 to whatever (never vista.) its taken a long time to work out that somethings on a pc arnt needed, ie hibernation, personllly i dont need it and the fact that it just munches 16gb of my SSD is unacceptable.

SO if you ask me to make your pc faster, and then a week later i see your running internet explorer with 30 toolbars i will lose my temper. but bonzi buddy is cute you say, yes yes he is, now go sit in a corner and play with an etch a sketch you kretin!!! 

rant\

also work pcs, if my boss could just buy a nice 16.9 monitor that would be great. 4x3 is so poo.

also no, i cant overclock your laptop. :@ :angry:  :angry: :angry:  

Meh a bit annoying, what's worse Is friends expecting you to do miracles for their cash- the other day I had a friend that wanted a gaming laptop to run dx11 games on medium graphics for 300 quid so I know your frustrations when you get asked this annoying stuff :p

Meh a bit annoying, what's worse Is friends expecting you to do miracles for their cash- the other day I had a friend that wanted a gaming laptop to run dx11 games on medium graphics for 300 quid so I know your frustrations when you get asked this annoying stuff :P

teh one that really gets me is the poeple who think their xbox 360 graphcs are better then any pc graphics. i have a 580, its better then a 360 cos its a larger number ;)

"Ps4 will own your awful pc" ps4 uses apu - pc has gtx 660 ti clear logic is being used >_<

"Ps4 will own your awful pc" ps4 uses apu - pc has gtx 660 ti clear logic is being used >_<

i has 580 will this be better then apu!?