3 monitor surround vs one long curved

Arty

Another monitor post, just getting a feel for the peoples opions

Id say one long curved one, if i need to multi task the snapping features work amaznigly  how ever some games may be wonky

that depends on what type of games you plan on playing

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

The problems with a single monitor:

It is hard (maybe impossible) to find a single monitor that spans the length of 3 monitors.  You would get better screen real-estate with a triple monitor setup.

Expensive!

Compatibility issues

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Curved monitors will become more better in the future. Wait, or buy 3 normal ones.

^Linus Quote 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

If gaming, 1 curved. If just general work/productivity, I personally find it better to multitask with things on separate displays for whatever reason, so 3 separate displays.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I worked with 3 monitors for a while. Wouldn't do it again.

I have a 4x 23" monitor setup, and couldn't go back to using any less, then again I am always multitasking or working. When I do play games I play some in surround, and others I play on a single screen.

Its all down to what you do on your computer.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

3 monitors = bezels up in yer face, ALL of the horizontal resolutions

1 of those LG's that Linus loves oh so much = less GPU horsepower needed for games, less space taken up, more visually pleasing (in my opinion).

The LG monitor Linus loves oh so dear is really expensive though. Keep in mind that there isn't as much horizontal pixelness as in 3 monitors @ 1080p each.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 monitors = bezels up in yer face, ALL of the horizontal resolutions

1 of those LG's that Linus loves oh so much = less GPU horsepower needed for games, less space taken up, more visually pleasing (in my opinion).

agreed but some games may not centrer correctly.

so many people who hate on surround probably have never tried it and are just spewing out opinions of OTHER people

best evidence? "surround doesn't work with a lot of games. 21:9 is better"

HEY GUESS WHAT? 21:9 has WORSE support right now than surround does

to me, it's the fov scaling and side distortion that keeps me from going back to surround - ever since the ROG Swift has (finally) come out, I've been really thinking about going back to surround to get g-sync (I can't live with a "normal" single monitor, not enough for me). But I just can't get over all the wasted rendering power on portions of an image that are too distorted to be of much use