Most interesting books for complete beginners?

Cs342

Hi guys, what are some books I should read that will get me interested in programming if I have zero experience? Thanks :)

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Really, i would recommend codecademy for the very basics of certain languages... what are you interested in learning?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Really, i would recommend codecademy for the very basics of certain languages... what are you interested in learning?

I'm looking for books that will get me interested in programming and make me excited to code, instead of simply watching tutorials or reading textbooks that won't really inspire me.

I'm looking for books that will get me interested in programming and make me excited to code, instead of simply watching tutorials or reading textbooks that won't really inspire me.

codecademy has you do hands on stuff.. im not really sure if there are a lot of books like the ones your after though

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Learn Python the Hard Way won't baby you and it won't be silly about what you're doing. It's probably the best Python book out there right now and if it doesn't inspire you I don't know what will.

Learn Python the Hard Way won't baby you and it won't be silly about what you're doing. It's probably the best Python book out there right now and if it doesn't inspire you I don't know what will.

Sounds intimidating but I'll give it a shot.

Sounds intimidating but I'll give it a shot.

As the author puts it, "the hard way is actually the easy way." It focuses a lot on actually typing stuff into your computer instead of just reading. It doesn't give any BS with regards to how people actually learn things.