Looking for headphones/headsets - separate studio mic.

Frontex

So I am looking for a new pair of headphones, since I have a separate studio microphone I prefer a pair of headphones over a pair of headsets.

My budget is around 80-110$. 

Give out your recommendations and I'll search them up, and see if they are to my liking. 

Thanks!

Do you want open/closed? bass heavy/light/neutral?

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

Do you want open/closed? bass heavy/light/neutral?

Closed, and I like them bassy. Though not too much so it's disgusting to hear.

Closed, and I like them bassy. Though not too much so it's disgusting to hear.

Ok cool, I think that ATH-M40x's would be a good choice for you because they are somewhat bassy and closed and within your budget.

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

† TTCF Member †

Ok cool, I think that ATH-M40x's would be a good choice for you because they are somewhat bassy and closed and within your budget.

My friend was going crazy about the ATH-M50's. Is there really that much of a difference between the two? 

Cuz it's pretty expensive

My friend was going crazy about the ATH-M50's. Is there really that much of a difference between the two? 

Not really as far as I've heard. People generally say that they are good for $100 but not really worth it above that

† TTCF Member †

Not really as far as I've heard. People generally say that they are good for $100 but not really worth it above that

Okay thanks! much apperciated.

Though I would like to have some more options, if this guy won't ship to where I live, which is not in the US, or the shipping will be too expensive or something - idk.

Okay thanks! much apperciated.

Though I would like to have some more options, if this guy won't ship to where I live, which is not in the US, or the shipping will be too expensive or something - idk.

Yeah i would wait to see if more people comment too, I am not too too experienced with headphones but I keep a list of good ones and this is a good bassy option st the $100 price point

† TTCF Member †

The m40x should be cheaper /same price as m50, and the m40x has a removable cable.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The m40x should be cheaper /same price as m50, and the m40x has a removable cable.

25$ Cheaper, though what are the big differences for the additional 25$?

25$ Cheaper, though what are the big differences for the additional 25$?

The m50 has a tiny bit extra bass, but doesn't have a removable cable.

Most likely the difference in sound quality will be negligible, I think the removable cable makes up for the tiny bit less bass.

Especially since they'll last much longer, seeing as if the cable is ever damaged it's easily replaceable, while on the m50 it is not.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The m50 has a tiny bit extra bass, but doesn't have a removable cable.

Most likely the difference in sound quality will be negligible, I think the removable cable makes up for the tiny bit less bass.

Especially since they'll last much longer, seeing as if the cable is ever damaged it's easily replaceable, while on the m50 it is not.

Plus the m50s have a bigger driver than the m40x

The M40X isn't super bassy, and the M50(X) is only slightly bassy. Yes, they are slightly different, but most people wouldn't notice the difference methinks. Hard to justify the price for such a small difference.

For more bassy closed headphones under $100, I could recommend the Sennheiser HD 439 (and you can really crank up the bass with the bass mod), Philips Cityscape Uptown, and the CHC Silverado.