Phone RAM

RubenTheHuben

Hey Guys, 

my phone only has 512MB ram wich is not much at all.

And I would like to increase it because I can't really do multitasking and play recent games but I don't want to root it. (Because of the waranty and risks etc.)

Do you guys know any method? I heard of using my SD card but I think you need to root for that.

THX Comunity

The purpose of ram is to cache the files on your internal storage. And by using the same storage solution as you're trying to cache, it would be useless since it will be no faster if even slower.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

Nope. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

What phone is it?

Those kind of phones run much better with android kitkat, make sure you can update it, also use something like a task manager to kill the apps. If you want to run games.

Other than that the best option is sell it and get a phone with more ram.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

For some reason it doesnt look secure at all;D

Nah mate its legit xD. jk try cm11 or codename lungo

Steve

For some reason it doesnt look secure at all;D

it is secure, but it just does nothing. the best option you have is to just get a new phone. (also quote people so they see that you responded)

Its Huawei y300

You could try installing cyanogenmod 11 (android 4.4.4) but it will be buggy and i do not recommend it for a heavy usage phone:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367021-kk-444-cyanogenmod-110-rom-all-nightly-builds-available/

At least it should run much better compared to stock rom.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite