Windows 8.1 via g2a.com

jbgoedebeste

I was looking to buy windows somewhat cheaper than the standard $100. 

I had found this site called g2a.com, which partners with a whole community to sell games cheaper than normal. For example PewDiePie and KSI!

It looked pretty legit, but I don't know for sure.

The site itself has many good reviews, but buying Windows online for cheaper isn't.

No, Buy from Microsoft or you will have to end up  pirating in in a few years once the key expires.

I had found this site called g2a.com, which partners with a whole community to sell games cheaper than normal. For example PewDiePie and KSI!

The site itself has many good reviews, but buying Windows online for cheaper isn't.

Yes it is legit! I have bought BF3 and Payday 2 and it worked out fine. My friend bought Windows 8.1 on it and it works just fine. Just make sure to buy the right one, right location, and make sure the seller has good reviews or buy directly from G2A!

Also, make sure to keep the G2A protection enabled so if anything does go wrong, they will help. 

When you buy the W8.1, theyll only give you the key, then you go to this site: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

And click, download windows 8.1... Then it will ask for a product key, and you enter the G2a key they gave you, and everything goes well!

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

No, Buy from Microsoft or you will have to end up  pirating in in a few years once the key expires.

This guy is right. These keys are not legal. Yeah, sure, they sell cheap games. But not legit Windows.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Yes it is legit! I have bought BF3 and Payday 2 and it worked out fine. My friend bought Windows 8.1 on it and it works just fine. Just make sure to buy the right one, right location, and make sure the seller has good reviews or buy directly from G2A!

Also, make sure to keep the G2A protection enabled so if anything does go wrong, they will help. 

When you buy the W8.1, theyll only give you the key, then you go to this site: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

And click, download windows 8.1... Then it will ask for a product key, and you enter the G2a key they gave you, and everything goes well!

how long have you had the key?

From the numerous threads in this forum ppl say that it is msdn keys which are not meant to be sold and will eventually expire

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Please don't use G2A. We don't want Microsoft to stop offering Windows on Dreamspark...

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

how long have you had the key?

He has had it for a few months.

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

He has had it for a few months.

give it another year or 2, problems WILL arise.

It expires? How does that work? - I already know that they're not legit, this expiring thing is new to me.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

It expires? How does that work? - I already know that they're not legit, this expiring thing is new to me.

G2A is legit...

Current 

give it another year or 2, problems WILL arise.

Who cares if it expires in 23 years..... 

He will have windows 10 by than lol

Current 

G2A is legit...

G2A is legit, the windows 8 keys are not, because the sellers are not official authorized microsoft resellers

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

G2A is legit, the windows 8 keys are not, because the sellers are not official authorized microsoft resellers

Even when the keys expire in 2 years or so, you have to think: I spend about 20-30 bucks for 2 years of Windows 8.1.... 

In 2 years, you should be able to save up for Windows 10...

Current 

G2A keys do work however it will expire eventually some time after one year (who knows specifically when, maybe after 367 days, maybe three years) but by then might as well get Windows 10 since it's a lot less painful to use with a keyboard and mouse then 8.1

"Rawr XD"

Even when the keys expire in 2 years or so, you have to think: I spend about 20-30 bucks for 2 years of Windows 8.1.... 

In 2 years, you should be able to save up for Windows 10...

With regards to expiry I was just wondering how it works because this is the first time I'm hearing about it, but regardless, the G2A windows is not legit and it doesn't matter to me whether it expires or not, I was just wondering.

With regards to expiry I was just wondering how it works because this is the first time I'm hearing about it, but regardless, the G2A windows is not legit and it doesn't matter to me whether it expires or not, I was just wondering.

i have no idea when or how it expires, but it wouldnt just shut down windows, it just would deactivate it. 

Current