Sound card with USB mic?

Chef

Hello,

I have an AuzenTech Bravura sound card. It works great but i have problem.

I bought my self a nice pair of high end headphones to use with this sound card but it has no mic.

i really need a mic for team speak and stuff for when i game. Can i use a USB mic to input audio at the same time as listening to the sound being outputted by my sound card?

here's a link to the sound card i have: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=49090&promoid=1444

and here is the mic i would like to use: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=63661&vpn=1950&manufacture=Blue%20Microphones

thanks any help would be great!

I believe you can, can't see any reason not to. If it doesn't work, go to Control Panel > Sound > Recording > then ensure you've set it to record from your USB mic rather than Soundcard output.

Yes you can, i do it the same way (Xonar DGX/Fostex HPA3 + Blue Snowball USB mic)

I have an asus Xonar DG sound card in my system and when I switched headsets to a Logitech G35 which is a usb mic it doesnt even use the sound card, I removed the soundcard and disabled the onboard sound, and the headset still sounds the same as when the sound card is plugged in, so not the soundcard does not effect a usb headset

If your not opposed to having a mic on the side of your head set there is a neat thing called ModMic which would then plug into the back of your sound card in the input port.