PlayStation 2

Kazangwa

PlayStation 2 production ceased earlier this year. The console first launched in the year 2000; it had a near 13 year lifespan.

I still frequently use mine. It's soft modded, and I have two 80 GB Maxtor HDDs that I use with it to store games and game saves. I have a few questions for you goers of the Console Gaming sub-forum:

Do you still have a PS2?

Do you still play it, and is it modded?

What is your favourite title for the system? (I am fond of the GTA, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Guitar Hero, Burnout, and Jak & Daxter games.)

What was the first game you played for PS2? (The first PS2 title I ever owned was Spider-Man.)

I still own a the PS2 i bought in 2001. Its is slightly modded. I have installed a new cooling system to make i quieter, installed some storage to store games on and cut the top open and install a plexi window. I still play the Jak & Daxter series and of course the Ratchet and Clank games

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

My daughter still has a PS2.  It is not modded.  It also was a slim so it could not be modded I believe.  As for what she played on PS2 she finished the Sly Cooper series and those clearly were here favorite games on the system.  I think she also played some singing games too.  In regards to me I had a PS2 long ago and I don't really remember what I played on it.  I guess it would have been EA sports games and that is pretty much it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I have one in a shoebox in my wardrobe, I also have a gamecube.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

As far as I know...my Ps2 is still at my parents house and totally working! 

Vanilla black fat PS2, with Gran turismo 3, Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva, 4 Prologue and 4

I wouldnt mind modding mine. It still works and does everything as it should. Somehow it did eat one of the controller pins so i cant have two people playing anymore.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

My launch PS2 is still going strong and quite a few PS2 games as well as part of my retro gaming library... just reminds me of a much "simpler" time when you just pop the disc/cartridge in and the game starts up without any BS tacked on to it.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

i still have a ps2 plugged to my old tv i play ace combat time to time ,and i have to get cat5(for games via ftp which im not even sure works or not) to that because i really dont like buying dvd's and burning them (ps2 is chipped since 2009) 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I have an original ps2 and a slim i used to play it all the time my favorite game was the SOCOM series

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Yeah I've got my PS1 and PS2 all here working with me just for those classic games that nothing can beat. I'll look at doing some mods on it as I'm bored to hell this holiday but I dunno what exactly I can get working with the PS2 Slim edition.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?