Wait...Does Newegg Seriously Not Charge Tax to NYS Residents?

MeesterJackson

I live in Washington and they don't charge tax, but Amazon does.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I live in Washington and they don't charge tax, but Amazon does.

O_O ....*immediately opens Newegg tab*

Yup, Newegg doesn't charge tax here in NY, unlike Amazon. I believe the law is something like, if the retailer has a physical location in that state, then sales tax gets applied at the time of purchase. I used to live in MA which didn't have a sales tax on Amazon purchases, but good ol' Taxachusetts got their grubby hands on it. (...and now I live in a state with a higher sales tax. Lulz.)

Yup, Newegg doesn't charge tax here in NY, unlike Amazon. I believe the law is something like, if the retailer has a physical location in that state, then sales tax gets applied at the time of purchase. I used to live in MA which didn't have a sales tax on Amazon purchases, but good ol' Taxachusetts got their grubby hands on it. (...and now I live in a state with a higher sales tax. Lulz.)

SWHEET Lol 

This is what I get for living in California? Nothing famous and SALES TAX??

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Over 3k purchases from newegg, no tax  :D

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Over 3k purchases from newegg, no tax  :D

Your location says "over there" but you just gave yourself away Mr. Yorker. Lol 

Your location says "over there" but you just gave yourself away Mr. Yorker. Lol 

I had NYC listed for a while, plus I posted in the "tri-state" area thread, but you will never find me  :ph34r:

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Because if they don't they can....

we get taxed way too much in our fine state. ive never noticed when i ordered my mouse and power supply from there. sometimes amazon and wal-mart didnt tax me either. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

This is what I get for living in California? Nothing famous and SALES TAX??

Do you not get free 2 day shipping? I also live in California and every time I check free shipping it always gets overnighted.

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

Taxes are based on state. Much like how no matter what Google charges sales tax, while depending on the location Amazon won't charge tax. Basically you're supposed to pay tax no matter what. Either you pay tax when you buy the item, or you pay it when you do your taxes. 

"I take my spirit and I smash my mirrors,
And now the whole world is here for me to see,
Now I'm searching for my love to be."
-Jimi Hendrix, Room Full of Mirrors

Taxes are based on state. Much like how no matter what Google charges sales tax, while depending on the location Amazon won't charge tax. Basically you're supposed to pay tax no matter what. Either you pay tax when you buy the item, or you pay it when you do your taxes. 

...But I don't pay taxes. LOL