CS:GO noob!

TheMikeyG

Just wondering what are the best weapon boxes to buy? never opened any, is there good ones and bad ones? no idea about them! 

They are just skins, they don't affect the gun's performance. Use google and look at the skins, write down the ones that you like the look of and the boxes they can be found in.

Personally i wouldn't bother wasting cash on the game because Overwatch ruined the competitive matches.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

They are just skins, they don't affect the gun's performance. Use google and look at the skins, write down the ones that you like the look of and the boxes they can be found in.

Personally i wouldn't bother wasting cash on the game because Overwatch ruined the competitive matches.

nice one, thanks, yeah i knew, was just wondering if there was a general preferance if you know what i mean :P Thanks for the reply!

You asked for me?

Oh yeah boxes, usually the more expensive ones are the better ones. You can also do it like Fulgrim said.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

nice one, thanks, yeah i knew, was just wondering if there was a general preferance if you know what i mean :P Thanks for the reply!

It's down to what you like the look of mate. Not what others like.

If you're lucky enough to get a knife skin, they can be worth a bit of cash. They can then be sold on the steam market.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

EDIT: read the question wrong.

I guess you did, lol.

DONT buy boxes/keys.

If you want a skin, buy it on the market OR csgolounge

You'd have to spend alot of money before you get the skin you want if you go with opening boxes, buying the skin saves you ALOT of money.

Remember: Skins are absolutely useless, they just make your gun look cool.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

http://csgostash.com/ has all the skins and collections in a relatively easy way to browse.

But unboxing boxes will lose your money in the long run. However you can sell the boxes along with drops on the community market and start saving for the skin you want. If you play your cards right and take some risks on purchases, you can get a decent inventory this way.

they can be worth a bit of cash. They can then be sold on the steam market.

"a bit of cash" is an understatement. They can be worth 400 dollars or more :P 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

If you're looking to sell/trade skins then buy the latest boxes, if not, just buy the ones with your favorite skins

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

please tell me how did overwatch ruin competitive matches?

please tell me how did overwatch ruin competitive matches?

Are you even aware of how the system works, or do you just like asking stupid questions?

If you meet certain parameters you get flagged for Overwatch. This is either winning X amount of matches in a row, getting above a certain kill/death ratio. Or ranking up quickly, as well as when enough reports are made within a timeframe. When flagged for Overwatch, demos of the previous 8 matches get sent to random players who get to act as judge and jury for you. At the end of watching the said demo, they get a selection of options to state whether they think you are not cheating, or griefing. There's 2 options for if they think you're cheating - either possibly but not 100% sure, and another choice for 100% sure. Then there's 2 options for griefing - either a little, but nothing substantial, then definite toxic griefer. This can be anything from plain insults/provocation to racism or whatever people deem as offensive. 

When enough votes are put against a ban, then that person is taken off Overwatch until the next time. But if enough people vote for a ban, then they get an automated ban handed to them. Griefing bans can be for a week or two. If people click that the said individual is cheating then it's either a 1 year/permanent Overwatch ban. This means no more competitive matches. However Valve decided to turn all 1 Year/Perm Overwatch bans into VAC bans. And this is an automated system, and the result has only been contested and turned twice as of yet.

To be able to sit and watch these demos and judge them is to have a minimum of 150 competitive matches played. Nothing else, no skill level or anything, you can be one of the lowest ranks in the game and be able to contribute to people being banned. It is a flawed system. The concept was good, in order to get rid of cheaters (griefers i don't give a damn about it, if you can't handle abuse then get off the internet ffs). But it's a system which is used and abused like a cheap hooker.

I purchased CSGO when it was first available, and only played online in casual servers for about a week before going back to CSS/CS 1.6. About 2 months ago i decided to pick it up and try competitive matches, to earn some skins to sell and make some money from. I got to the rank Legendary Eagle Master within one week, working together with a gaming buddy of mine. I then got put on Overwatch for 3 days. I couldn't play whilst i was being "reviewed". After those 3 days it said i had a 1 year Overwatch ban. I was able to play in public servers still, but i wasn't arsed about that. 2 Days after this i checked my account and noticed a VAC ban for CSGO appeared. And on top of that, i can't sell/trade the skins i unlocked for the game.

The 2 people who got their bans overturned were livestreamers with hours of their gameplay recorded, including the matches in question. After their plight got wind on social media, Valve were quick to unban them as the evidence was there for all to see. And not everyone has the hardware/internet/time to livestream their matches.

Now, any other silly questions about Overwatch?

Are you even aware of how the system works, or do you just like asking stupid questions?

If you meet certain parameters you get flagged for Overwatch. This is either winning X amount of matches in a row, getting above a certain kill/death ratio. Or ranking up quickly, as well as when enough reports are made within a timeframe. When flagged for Overwatch, demos of the previous 8 matches get sent to random players who get to act as judge and jury for you. At the end of watching the said demo, they get a selection of options to state whether they think you are not cheating, or griefing. There's 2 options for if they think you're cheating - either possibly but not 100% sure, and another choice for 100% sure. Then there's 2 options for griefing - either a little, but nothing substantial, then definite toxic griefer. This can be anything from plain insults/provocation to racism or whatever people deem as offensive. 

When enough votes are put against a ban, then that person is taken off Overwatch until the next time. But if enough people vote for a ban, then they get an automated ban handed to them. Griefing bans can be for a week or two. If people click that the said individual is cheating then it's either a 1 year/permanent Overwatch ban. This means no more competitive matches. However Valve decided to turn all 1 Year/Perm Overwatch bans into VAC bans. And this is an automated system, and the result has only been contested and turned twice as of yet.

To be able to sit and watch these demos and judge them is to have a minimum of 150 competitive matches played. Nothing else, no skill level or anything, you can be one of the lowest ranks in the game and be able to contribute to people being banned. It is a flawed system. The concept was good, in order to get rid of cheaters (griefers i don't give a damn about it, if you can't handle abuse then get off the internet ffs). But it's a system which is used and abused like a cheap hooker.

I purchased CSGO when it was first available, and only played online in casual servers for about a week before going back to CSS/CS 1.6. About 2 months ago i decided to pick it up and try competitive matches, to earn some skins to sell and make some money from. I got to the rank Legendary Eagle Master within one week, working together with a gaming buddy of mine. I then got put on Overwatch for 3 days. I couldn't play whilst i was being "reviewed". After those 3 days it said i had a 1 year Overwatch ban. I was able to play in public servers still, but i wasn't arsed about that. 2 Days after this i checked my account and noticed a VAC ban for CSGO appeared. And on top of that, i can't sell/trade the skins i unlocked for the game.

The 2 people who got their bans overturned were livestreamers with hours of their gameplay recorded, including the matches in question. After their plight got wind on social media, Valve were quick to unban them as the evidence was there for all to see. And not everyone has the hardware/internet/time to livestream their matches.

Now, any other silly questions about Overwatch?

yes i'm aware of how the system works because i do about 5-10 overwatch reviews per week and you'd be surprised of how many cheaters there really are btw there is only 1 option for griefing and 1 other thing you should read this http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/

yes i'm aware of how the system works because i do about 5-10 overwatch reviews per week and you'd be surprised of how many cheaters there really are btw there is only 1 option for griefing btw you should read this http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/

I bet you struggle to get above Gold Nova 3 mate.

I bet you struggle to get above Gold Nova 3 mate.

my current rank is gold nova master fell down from master guardian 1 yesterday  :(

I just got 7 days cooldown in competitive, because of some assholes...  :mellow:

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |