LG 34uc97 / 34uc87 / Freesync

prochaos

How will gaming on the LG 34uc97 be ?, will it be zoomed in and stretched in the sides and be so noticeable that it will ruin the effect of immersing yourself into the game, my old 3 dell u2414h in eyefinity stretched quite badly on the sides and thus i had to return them, i would purchase a rog swift however my 2 sapphire vapor-x 290's would put g-sync to waste and so i was wondering what news there was on the earliest sign of a 144hz monitor coming out with fressync is.

I suppose if all goes to plan i could use a 34uc97 or preferably a 34uc87 business version (theres so little news on the 34uc87 and where it will be released) for the sleeker black look and vesa mount and a freesync 144hz, both for gaming and surfing the net to compensate for getting the best of both worlds, plenty of real estate, brilliant colors and that high hz for fps games everyone talks about going with and never returning to 60hz.

CPU Intel i7 4770K @4.4GHz / CPU Cooler Corsair H105 / Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Hero Intel Z97 / RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 2133MHz / Windows 8.1 / SSD Samsung 250GB 840 EVO / HDD WD Green 2TB / GPU Crossfire Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X OC / CASE Corsair 750D / PSU EVGA SuperNova P2 1000W / FANS 7 x Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC 2000RPM IP67 PWM 120mm / 3 x 140mm / FAN Controller Lamptron FC5V3 / Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013 / Keyboard Razer Anansi / Headset Steelseries H Wireless / Monitor Samsung S34E790C Curved 21:9

Anything freesync is 2015 at least.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

No it won't. It's great. There are no stretching as the monitore can handle several resolution and all. Immerion is great..

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

My 34U87S just arrived.post-62105-0-35650600-1412843818.jpg 

Currently mounting my montior arm to the wall and then I'll get to enjoy my new monitor. I didn't expect it to arrive this soon :) 

You in Melbourne Aus?

My 34U87S just arrived.attachicon.gifI HAZ EXCITMENT.jpg

Currently mounting my montior arm to the wall and then I'll get to enjoy my new monitor. I didn't expect it to arrive this soon :)

Which one is it? I can't find it on Google??

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I meant to type 34uc87. Too excited to type correctly! xD 

A h nice the curved one. The Eu one has the VESA mount??

A h nice the curved one. The Eu one has the VESA mount??

There are two curved ones the 97 that Linus reviewed with a crappy stand and no Vesa mount and the 87 that has a better stand a 100x 100 mm Vesa mount and is cheaper for some reason. 

There are two curved ones the 97 that Linus reviewed with a crappy stand and no Vesa mount and the 87 that has a better stand a 100x 100 mm Vesa mount and is cheaper for some reason. 

How much was it? I paid my UM 850Euros. 

Do you have a lot of backlight bleed or not?

How much was it? I paid my UM 850Euros. 

Do you have a lot of backlight bleed or not?

I've got it less than an hour ago. I have barley looked at thing yet.  I was busy mounting the montior arm. I paid 1050€  ish. 

I've got it less than an hour ago. I have barley looked at thing yet.  I was busy mounting the montior arm. I paid 1050€  ish. 

Well ok, not that expensive actually. Mine had quite a backlight bleed and it's at the customer service atm.If you could let us know or do a review of it, that would be sweet. and tag me in this review so I can look at it. that would be even more sweet, sweet sweet candy! love :wub:

Last month LG revealed their 34" 21:9 curve monitor, the 34UC97.( http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/199581-lg-to-unveil-curved-34-219-monitor-34uc97-new-4k-and-gaming-monitor-updated-wpics-and-specs/ ) Although the monitor is awesome, the stand has limited adjustability, which may not be good for some people. In IFA 2014 LG revealed that they have another model of this 34" curve monitor, called 34UC87, which address this adjustability issue. 

In terms of specs, the 34UC87 is pretty much the same as the 34UC97. They both have the same panel, input ports and speakers. The difference between these two models is on the monitor stand. Instead of the V-shape design on the 34UC97, the 34UC87 has a square-shape-design monitor stand. According to VR-Zone Chinese's article, you can adjust the monitor height and viewing angle on this 34UC87.

No words on pricing and availability for the 34UC87.

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

http://chinese.vr-zone.com/126576/lg-show-34uc97-34uc87-curved-monitor-and-4k-31mu97-in-ifa-09072014/ (in Chinese)

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/event/20140909_665804.html (in Japanese)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/212052-lg-34uc87-another-lg-34-219-curve-monitor-with-a-different-monitor-stand/

According to this guy, it's just the stand?

ohhhh thanks for the replies, yeh i was worried about stretching but the lg is really looking promosing, im wondering how the dell and aoc curved 21:9 will compare and have much competion against the lg ?

oh my theres so little info on the 87, where did u get a hold of yours and specifically for that price, the 97 £990 atm in the uk and were still waiting on them to be available, may be a couple days. would you please attach some pics of it awesomeness front and back, photos of it on an actual desk would give me a better perspective than the stock photos. it would of been nice ive they combined the complete black sleekness of the 97 with the v stand of the 97 but the adjustable features and vesa mount of the 87. Another review of either the 87 or 97 would be great as well, news seems to be coming out very slowly for it. 

I don't know why ive seen so few posts on the 34uc87 here on linus tech tips and many other forums and even the 97 there doesn't seem to be much interest on the forums or discussion. 

CPU Intel i7 4770K @4.4GHz / CPU Cooler Corsair H105 / Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Hero Intel Z97 / RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 2133MHz / Windows 8.1 / SSD Samsung 250GB 840 EVO / HDD WD Green 2TB / GPU Crossfire Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X OC / CASE Corsair 750D / PSU EVGA SuperNova P2 1000W / FANS 7 x Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC 2000RPM IP67 PWM 120mm / 3 x 140mm / FAN Controller Lamptron FC5V3 / Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013 / Keyboard Razer Anansi / Headset Steelseries H Wireless / Monitor Samsung S34E790C Curved 21:9

I believe the 87 is referred to as the business model but the only differences seems to b the stand, vesa mount, ergonomic features of the stand and the black colour of the stand and back which would go much nicer with my desk than the 97, im a little irritated tat lg would not provide the availability of both.

Well ok, not that expensive actually. Mine had quite a backlight bleed and it's at the customer service atm.If you could let us know or do a review of it, that would be sweet. and tag me in this review so I can look at it. that would be even more sweet, sweet sweet candy! love :wub:

I got a good one the first time with only minor bleeding in 1 corner, after loosening the bezel slightly I removed all backlight bleed. It's not actual backlight bleed, the bezel is too tight causing pressure on the panel.

Linus did report backlight bleed on his curved version, though he had none on his flat version. Not surprising, anyone who pays $400 more for a curve is nuts. It's going to have more issues than the flat version and the curve is subtle at best.
Oh Newegg, advertising 100,000:1 contrast on an IPS.

From another post on another fourm, im not sure if this advice is sound but even on this demo showing off the 34uc97 there seemed to be noticeable backlight bleeding or was it the bezel that was too tight ?

141007095051139620.jpg

Yeah my 34UM95 had backlight bleed on all 4 corners, quite noticable. It's at LG for repair since 2 weeks now. And it's not just bezel loosening. I guess every item are different. But I would expect less trouble on newer version as LG would have learned their mistakes. But apparently I was wrong...

Yeah my 34UM95 had backlight bleed on all 4 corners, quite noticable. It's at LG for repair since 2 weeks now. And it's not just bezel loosening. I guess every item are different. But I would expect less trouble on newer version as LG would have learned their mistakes. But apparently I was wrong...

Well maybe it will be sorted out and only a small percentage will suffer, maybe the 87 will be a better choice and no suffer from bleeding. If all else fails id like to think i would get used to a little backlight bleeding like linus states in the review about the curve, "the curve is very subtle and i find myself forgetting its even there", once your immersed in the monitor you forget about the the little things "hopefully". 

"the curve is very subtle and i find myself forgetting its even there", once your immersed in the monitor you forget about the the little things "hopefully". 

On mine, it not forgetable. It was taking my attention. But yeah, hopefully.....HOPE!

ohhhh thanks for the replies, yeh i was worried about stretching but the lg is really looking promosing, im wondering how the dell and aoc curved 21:9 will compare and have much competion against the lg ?

oh my theres so little info on the 87, where did u get a hold of yours and specifically for that price, the 97 £990 atm in the uk and were still waiting on them to be available, may be a couple days. would you please attach some pics of it awesomeness front and back, photos of it on an actual desk would give me a better perspective than the stock photos. it would of been nice ive they combined the complete black sleekness of the 97 with the v stand of the 97 but the adjustable features and vesa mount of the 87. Another review of either the 87 or 97 would be great as well, news seems to be coming out very slowly for it. 

I don't know why ive seen so few posts on the 34uc87 here on linus tech tips and many other forums and even the 97 there doesn't seem to be much interest on the forums or discussion. 

Any update Izaya Orihara ?  :)

Hows it look izaya, any bleeding ? a mini review would be so helpful 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have 34UC97 in Rev.02 onwards?  I got Rev.01 and the bleed is just bad.  

Did Linus mention his Rev in the video?