LG to unveil curved 34" 21:9 monitor 34UC97, new 4K and gaming monitor (Updated w/pics and specs)

Notional

LG to unveil 3 new monitors at IFA, September 5-10. The three new monitors will be a 34" ultrawide curved IPS monitor, a new true 4k graphics monitor, and a new 144hz gaming monitor:

34UC97 34" Ultrawide 21:9 curved monitor

The 34" ultra wide monitor will be a high resolution 3440x1440 IPS panel, and sport and ultra thin besel.

The monitor supports thunderbolt and includes MAXX AUDIO and 7 W stereo speaker system. Sadly there is no word of Adaptive Sync support, so one can only assume it will not have support.

lgcurvedpcmonitor-1l.jpg

Update: Confirmed, official stats1:

Panel:

• AH-IPS panel
  • sRGB 100%
  • Factory calibrated
  • 5ms GTG
  • 3440x1440 resolution
  • 797 x 332 mm

Connectors:

• Display Port
  • HDMI x2
  • Thunderbolt x2
  • USB 3 (2 down, 1 up)

Vesa mount:

• Adapter for 100x100mm bracket, for wall mount.

Update: Added super high res product photos, including back and side views:

34UC97-11.jpg

34UC97-33.jpg

34UC97-22.jpg

34UC97-44.jpg

Is this what you wanted @LinusTech  ?

31MU97 31" true 4k monitor

The 31" Digital Cinema 4k monitor will meet the new Digital Cinema Initiative standard for 4k monitors, with a resolution of 4096 x 2160, supporting 99 percent of the Adobe RGB color space.

The Digital Cinema 4K Monitor is hardware calibration-ready, features Dual Color Space and LG's exclusive True Color Pro calibration software.

Warning huge image

%E8%9E%A2%E5%B9%95%E5%BF%AB%E7%85%A7-201

24GM77 24" 144hz gaming monitor

The 24GM77 is a 144hz gaming monitor with Dynamic Action Sync (DAS), drastically reducing input lag. The monitor also includes Black Stabilizer for consistent blacks as well as Motion 240, which helps minimize motion blur with a fast response time of less than 1 ms. Sadly this monitor does not seem to include Adaptive Sync (og G-sync) either.

lg24gm77-1l.jpg

Sources:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/lg-to-unveil-34-inch-219-curved-ips-monitor-at-ifa-2014.html

http://www.flatpanels.dk/nyhed.php?subaction=showfull&id=1408338724 (picture of ultrawide and gamer)

http://chinese.vr-zone.com/124338/lg-will-show-34uc97-31mu97-24gm77-in-ifa-2014-berlin-08182014/ (picture of 4k monitor)

http://www.displayinfo.kr/lg_34uc97/ (New product photos of ultra wide)

1http://www.lge.co.kr/lgekr/product/detail/LgekrProductDetailCmd.laf?catid=2400&prdid=EPRD.282480&pcatid=2400#specGallery (specs of ultra wide)

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

OMG i want that 21-9 monitor sooo bad!

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

the only thing wrong with that 4k is it doesnt scale directly to 1080p, but i want that curved one so bad.

They all look lovely...and expensive.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

i want that curved 21:9 but it will probably be way out of my price range. But still a man can dream

As someone who bought a 34UM95-P, I find the announcement of the 34UC97 extremely irritating. Why must you do this to me, LG?

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I know what I'm getting for my birthday.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

When I clicked on the thread title I was thinking; what's the fascination with curved screens?  I have seen the T.V's and they are average at best. it seems like a big novelty to me.  

Then I saw the monitor in all its sexy glory, and I think I might get one if I can. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

the only thing wrong with that 4k is it doesnt scale directly to 1080p, but i want that curved one so bad.

I think the idea with moving to the "real 4K" is it will allow for perfect future scaling. The way it is at the moment, with '2K' (which is really what 1920x1080 is) being a bit less than real 2K and '4K' being a bit less than 'the real 4K', eventually we'll get to the point where we'll quadruple the resolution (by doubling width and height) won't actually result in 'doubling the xK value'. By my maths, the current method will result in '8K' being 7680 pixels wide (barely rounding up to an 8), whilst '16K' will actually be 15360 pixels wide (not 16K at all). I support the idea of switching for future benefits... then again, whether we'll ever need 16K (for PC monitors) is another matter.

When I clicked on the thread title I was thinking; what's the fascination with curved screens?  I have seen the T.V's and they are average at best. it seems like a big novelty to me.  

Then I saw the monitor in all its sexy glory, and I think I might get one if I can. 

I completely agree. I think the industry needs to understand, that TV's and monitors are not the same thing. I HATED 21:9 when Philips launched it back in the days for tv. From an industry standard point, it made no sense; all sources had to be scaled and black bars would be an even bigger problem. Same with curved: Looks crappy and impractical on the wall, and most people will find themselves off the sweetspot.

But with monitors, ultra wide makes sense, as widescreen is a poor choice for text (so now you can have 2 windows side by side), and in gaming you get a larger fov by widening the picture. This might be the same with curved, as you will always be at or near sweetspot with a monitor. I just don't know how the curved part will work in real world scenarios. I can say though, that if this monitor had adaptive sync, I would have this as my dream monitor.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

That 144 hz 4k monitor intresst me:D

Price? Only 9999$

edit- it is not 144hz, I am outta here

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I'm sold just from the photos............ looks lovely......

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Hmmm i want to know the price and release date of the 34UC97. As i Allready have order out on the 34UM95 (which is due to be shipped in September). But if this is priced just a bit above that and will be released not to long from now, then i might go with the 34UC97.

glad i saw this before i put down $1300 for the 34um95, i just hope its not that much more expensive. but it probably will be unfortunately :(

Is "gaming monitor" still slang for shitty TN?

As far as TN panels go, I gotta say a $180 23" Viewsonic 1080p is about as good as it gets on viewing angles (looking from above is the only bad one), though you do get wide bezels and a 4 ms response time (hence why it's so cheap). That said, colors are going to be a little blue-heavy (might just be me being R-G colorblind actually) and as they age you can start seeing refresh flickering, but they're great for 3-5 years if you're not an artist and can deal with no height adjust, less-than-ips colors, 60Hz, and wide bezels.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

glad i saw this before i put down $1300 for the 34um95, i just hope its not that much more expensive. but it probably will be unfortunately :(

If currency scaling is linear (it won't be, U.S. always gets a little discount) it will cost about 1850 given shipping expenses. I'd guess closer to 1600.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

If currency scaling is linear (it won't be, U.S. always gets a little discount) it will cost about 1850 given shipping expenses. I'd guess closer to 1600.

eeesshhh thats not gonna happen

Man, like everyone else, I'd looooove to have that curved display... But I probably can't justify the price. Oh's well...