When did you fall out of love with stock Android

cab11150904

I know it sounds like a weird post but I had a Nexus 5 and before that a Nexus 4 and I've had HTC Flagships and Samsung Flagships and I just really don't like stock Android that much.  I have an HTC One M7 now and Sense is definitely my favorite skin on Android.  Who else prefers skinned versions and why?  Please note I'm not talking about "Customized by you" stock Android where you throw a launcher on it.  I want to know what factory skins people prefer and why.

I haven't been able to use any other version of Android except for my Moto X's and my friend's S5.

Me personally, I don't like a bunch of extra crap that I didn't want on the skin (I want to add my own crap ;O), which is why I think phone manufacturers should allow users to easily have root access to load their own version of Android without it voiding any kind of warranty.

I've got my own stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux0ZzZyfgIk

Filmed with a potato.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

i despise all the stock applications you cant uninstall and are always running in the background for no reason.

cyanogenmod ftw

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I know it sounds like a weird post but I had a Nexus 5 and before that a Nexus 4 and I've had HTC Flagships and Samsung Flagships and I just really don't like stock Android that much.  I have an HTC One M7 now and Sense is definitely my favorite skin on Android.  Who else prefers skinned versions and why?  Please note I'm not talking about "Customized by you" stock Android where you throw a launcher on it.  I want to know what factory skins people prefer and why.

I still prefer stock Android because it's cross compatible with many devices. I switch devices a lot and if I get a new device I'll just load CM or AOSP ROMs on it, and the UI and user experience will be identical as the previous device, so there's no learning curve 

"Rawr XD"

My first Android was an HTC Desire (A8181).  Every phone I bought since has been using Sense.  Tried stock and Touchwiz on tablets, but that just didn't feel or look right. 

My first Android was an HTC Desire (A8181).  Every phone I bought since has been using Sense.  Tried stock and Touchwiz on tablets, but that just didn't feel or look right. 

I used a Desire as my daily driver up until about a week ago, I'd still be using it if ICS and higher ROMs didn't break so much stuff

"Rawr XD"

The latest iteration of touchwiz is pretty good imo.

I don't use it as a daily, but it's not as bad as it used to be

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I used the old stock(1.6), and hated that, then went to the S2 with the early touchwiz, which to me was freaking amazing, then it got a bit meh, after awhile stock became good again, rooted my phone with Cyanogen after seeing how shit Touchwiz 4.1.2 was lagging my phone, now I prefer LG's skin due to the functionality, but I still like stock

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

i despise all the stock applications you cant uninstall and are always running in the background for no reason.

cyanogenmod ftw

I think you misinterpret what OP means by stock

Anyway, I've never fallen out of love with stock Android.  The Nexus 5 is the only phone I've not rooted because it's stock Android and it does everything I want it to do, which my previous phones never really did.  If I were to ever buy an HTC One, I'd just put the GPE Rom on it.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I got a moto g because in my android-unawareness i was told stock was best (and you'd expect google to make a decent phone) well... I've come pretty late to the game with android. I went from palm pilot iii to v to m505 (my fathers hand-me-downs), then iphone to iphone 3gs to iphone 4 (two of them actually) and I've had a moto g for just over a month. I have to say, I hate a lot about it, but unlike the iphone, apparently I can change a lot of it easily, I just haven't experimented much (but I did install cyanogen on a friends dying galaxy s2... i was trying to fix.... and couldnt uninstall it... he wasn't impressed so I'm weary of it because I don't understand it)

The biggest thing I hate about stock android on the moto g (which hopefully I can change) is the flip cover I have installed on it hangs down in games, because it is on the left side of the phone (opens like a book) but most games rotate to landscape 90 degrees clockwise and won't rotate counter clockwise... meaning this stupid cover is hanging down, or i have to hold it up behind the phone (which i do) and it stretches the binding and now when the cover is closed, it's floppy as flippity.

The cover was a bad idea in the first place, since its nearly impossible to take a decent picture with the rear camera while trying to hold the phone and prop the cover open with one hand and take the picture with the other. When it gets so floppy its unbearable, I'll just put the original cover back on. Oh, and the cover covers the speaker when its open. I'm beginning to think it was a poorly designed phone... but then again... it's the cheapest PDA/smart phone I've ever owned.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

I fell out of love with Android in general a while back...

But I like stock better than any manufacturer skin.

I was never really in love, it seems too bland.

That said, it's miles better than iOS.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650