best 2.1 speaker system for under £100

Sauber-C10

title says it all really, was looking at the corsair set but its too expensive, want something with deep bass but with good pitch, used primarily for gaming but also music and movie playback

I got the Creative Gigaworks T3 and they're really awesome, Really love them, they got amazing sound they cost a bit more but i was amazed ad the sound coming from theese

these old yamahas used to be my main computer speakers but now I use them to rock out the kitchen, I really wish yamaha had more of a footprint in the computer speaker segment because they make some really good products like pianos.

I bought a set of Microlab Solo 7C's for $200AUD so im sure you could get them for 100pounds

MY BUILD CONSISTS OF

• Case: Corsair 600T White Edition
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.50GHz
  • HSF: Corsair H100
  • GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 580 DirectCU II
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB)
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3 Revision
  • SSD: SanDisk Extreme Solid State Drive 120GB
  • HDD1: Western Digital Black 500GB (Storage)
  • HDD2: Western Digital 320GB (Music)
  • HDD3: Toshiba 120GB (SSD Backup)
  • PSU: SilverStone Strider Plus 850w

Im looking for a set which the 2 speakers can be mounted on a desk and the subwoofer on the floor, however there is nowhere i can go to test out some of the speaker sets with my own ears so i'd like some recommendations and what the sound of them is like, not just good or something, i mean, do they have good pitch range, how is the bass, what is their volume like etc....

I have the bose companion 2s and i would recommend them, They are very balanced and sound great even when you set them to be very loud. They also have two inputs in the back which is very handy and a headphone jack. They dont have a subwoofer but the bass is fine for music. Volume is fine for a single room (i listen to them at like 30% most of the time).

If they're bose how expensive are they?, their stuff usually costs a fortune!

I have alot of PC speakers, The ones that I would recomend are Cyber Acoustics CA3550RB's 2.1 (link here) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836150044 . I have a set of the old z5500's by Logitech setting in my closet, I also have the Logitech Z523 2.1 that my wife uses. My little girl uses the Cyber Acoustics 2.1 and to be truly honest the Logitech 2.1 which goes for almost a $100 and the Cyber Acoustics goes for almost $50. They sound pretty equal to each other bass wise and mid range wise. Just my own opinion but for the price the Cyber Acoustics are a steal for the price $100 dollar sound for half the price

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Logitech Z623, they are a bit over ($110 GBP) but are well worth the money. I'm an A/V guy, and these are worthy. Nice clean high-ends, clear mids, and good bass. They're also THX certified.

Also, BOSE is known as Buy Other Sound Equipment in the audio industry because of their atrocious prices.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

If they're bose how expensive are they?, their stuff usually costs a fortune!
they are the entry level/basic speakers so you get bose quality for $100, i would trust them a lot more than logitechs. My parents have had their bose home theater system for like 6 years so my experiences with bose have been good and reliable

Logitech Z623, they are a bit over ($110 GBP) but are well worth the money. I'm an A/V guy, and these are worthy. Nice clean high-ends, clear mids, and good bass. They're also THX certified.

Also, BOSE is known as Buy Other Sound Equipment in the audio industry because of their atrocious prices.

im not a huge audiophile but ive used these and the companion 2s (similar price) and i like the bose ones a lot more. I had the logitechs and they didn't sound too good at high volume (they would pop) while the bose sounded much better at the same volume

how high of a volume were you playing them at? I play mine at 1/4 to 1/8 power and they're 80Dbs, at half volume they are are a bit over 100dbs.

I don't know how loud you were playing them, but mine have no problems at all with popping.

Also, http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/bose-companion-2-series/4505-3179_7-32081075.html

I think you may be thinking of a different pair of logitech speakers.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

With the bose speakers do you miss having a sub or does it sound pretty similar, and should i just buy a seperate sub if i get the bose system? also what is their wattage

I would recommend the Bose Companion 2 (C2) or the Logitech 523. The Bose are a 2.0 set, whereas the 523's are a 2.1 set. I've played with both and my

brother uses the 523's, and I will say that bass response is way better on the Logitech. Bose offer's a clean, small design and the sound quality is exactly what a $100 PC speaker would sound like. However, the Logitech can go louder, has more bass, and I personally felt like they sound cleaner than the C2. However, everyone has their own tastes and you can't go wrong with either of them.

The 623's mentioned are also a nice choice, however, the C2 and 523 will fit nicely in your budget and you may be able to pick up a low end sound card too!

PS: You can't add a sub to the Bose. and the wattage on the Bose in undiclosed, whereas the Logitech's are rated at 40 watts total RMS (where the sub takes up 24 watts or so). The C2's sound like they are ~15 watts without a sub (though keep in mind that these figures don't represent quality, but only loudness).

Whats the noise range on the logitech, can they hit a high pitch as well as low, as i don't like too much bass

Yes, the Logitech have good highs, should also know that the most BOSE speakers have a dip in the mid range, also http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...r,2835-10.html

I would really suggest spending a bit more and get the Z623 (200W RMS).

15" MBP TB

With the bose speakers do you miss having a sub or does it sound pretty similar' date=' and should i just buy a seperate sub if i get the bose system? also what is their wattage[/quote']

Just letting you know and this is coming from an audio engineer - the rated wattage of a speaker doesn't mean a thing in terms of performance, only how much you'll need to feed it from an amp. Dispersion, SPL, frequency response and overall sound quality are the 4 key things.

Thanks everyone but i think i'll get the bose companion 20's as theyre a bit more but they're on offer so i guess it'll be worth it, plus i like the clean and sleek look of the bose speakers

I'm surprised that no one mentioned klipsch promedia 2.1, lots of great reviews and comparison articles on the internet, and they usually go on sale within your budget.

Yeah I have the z623's and they dont pop at high volumes and I mean very high volumes.