Is this list accurate?

moonedunk

I'm going to be switching from browns to blues as type a lot, plus I like the feel of the click.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/5-best-mechanical-keyboards-for-typing-you-need-know.html

Is this an accurate list? Or will all cherry mx blue keyboard essentially feel and type the same?

CPU -  Intel i7 4770k 4.6Ghz     Motherboard - MSI GD-65    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB     GPU - XFX 295x2    Case - NZXT H440  

Storage - 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 ssd, 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm    PSU -  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Cooling - Corsair H80i     Keyboard - KGParadise v60 w/ cherry mx greens

Mouse -Theron  Sound - HyperX Cloud

Lol, Corsair isn't even on the list. Their keyboards are the best, IMO. I tried one out at BestBuy, and while it felt no different than other keyboards, the aesthetic of it makes it easier to clean, least it would make sense anyways. I wish I could even afford another mechanical keyboard after mine shit on itself.

Anyways, MX Blues will feel similar to your fingers/hands to MX Browns, except Browns don't have the annoying clicky-ness to them.

Lol, Corsair isn't even on the list. Their keyboards are the best, IMO. I tried one out at BestBuy, and while it felt no different than other keyboards, the aesthetic of it makes it easier to clean, least it would make sense anyways. I wish I could even afford another mechanical keyboard after mine shit on itself.

Anyways, MX Blues will feel similar to your fingers/hands to MX Browns, except Browns don't have the annoying clicky-ness to them.

Annoying? :o That clicky noise sounds so satisfying xD

CPU -  Intel i7 4770k 4.6Ghz     Motherboard - MSI GD-65    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB     GPU - XFX 295x2    Case - NZXT H440  

Storage - 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 ssd, 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm    PSU -  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Cooling - Corsair H80i     Keyboard - KGParadise v60 w/ cherry mx greens

Annoying? :o That clicky noise sounds so satisfying xD

I used to think that, but now that my brother has an MX Blue equipped keyboard, I find them annoying. lolol

I can't speak for other keyboards, but I can tell the difference between cherry mx blues, and browns on the same type of keyboard.

My brother has a Coolermaster rapid (browns) and I've got a coolermaster rapid (blues). What i find going between the two is that blues are slightly harder to press, and I like they more for the tacticle feed back.

When I switch back to browns they feel mushy (best way i can describe it) and they don't have that audible sound and satisfying click. Much much more satisfying to type on. I can't speak for other keyboards however as I've not yet tried them.

I would personally go for the Das keyboard if you're doing alot of typing as they seem to be centered around typists.

I can't speak for other keyboards, but I can tell the difference between cherry mx blues, and browns on the same type of keyboard.

My brother has a Coolermaster rapid (browns) and I've got a coolermaster rapid (blues). What i find going between the two is that blues are slightly harder to press, and I like they more for the tacticle feed back.

When I switch back to browns they feel mushy (best way i can describe it) and they don't have that audible sound and satisfying click. Much much more satisfying to type on. I can't speak for other keyboards however as I've not yet tried them.

I would personally go for the Das keyboard if you're doing alot of typing as they seem to be centered around typists.

You prefer browns for typing or am I misreading?

Regarding the list you just posted, it's saying the BlackWidow Stealth (the last good BW) is better than Ducky Shine 3... there's something wrong there.

Blues are quite nice. I like them better with O-rings.

Good luck with your new switches.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Regarding the list you just posted, it's saying the BlackWidow Stealth (the last good BW) is better than Ducky Shine 3... there's something wrong there.

Blues are quite nice. I like them better with O-rings.

Good luck with your new switches.

Thanks buddy. Might be going with the ducky shine 4 when it comes out in a month.

Nope, not even close. If Razer Is on the list. They don't know what they are talking about. The Model M is Buckling Spring and not mechanical. And Rosewill is known for making poor quality keyboards, they care more about the money than the quality.

There is no 'best' mech board. They all have their own pros and cons, you just have to pick one that is right for you.

As for switches, blues are a nice option. They have a much more crisp actuation compared to browns. And the click is nice.

Nope, not even close. If Razer Is on the list. They don't know what they are talking about. The Model M is Buckling Spring and not mechanical. And Rosewill is known for making poor quality keyboards, they care more about the money than the quality.

There is no 'best' mech board. They all have their own pros and cons, you just have to pick one that is right for you.

As for switches, blues are a nice option. They have a much more crisp actuation compared to browns. And the click is nice.

How is buckling spring not mechanical?

Old shit no one cares about but me.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=881

I might go with that. I love the small form factor. Is that a good brand?

How is buckling spring not mechanical?

Buckling Spring relies on a completely different mechanism. Mechanical switches use a stem and spring combo within a case. The actuation comes from the push which allows the metal mechanism to make contact.

Buckling Spring uses the force of a spring to cause the mechanism to make contact, and not on a stem or slider.

They feel completely different, and are considered different.

Buckling Spring

buckling-spring-100225900-orig.gif?times

Mechanical

CherryMXClear.gif

The Spring acts mainly as a way for the stem to get pushed up in a mechanical, but is essential in a buckling spring.

Hope this helps

It really is hard to explain without feeling them. (Kinda like Mechanical Switches, it seems ridiculous until you try them out.)

Buckling Spring relies on a completely different mechanism. Mechanical switches use a stem and spring combo within a case. The actuation comes from the push which allows the metal mechanism to make contact.

Buckling Spring uses the force of a spring to cause the mechanism to make contact, and not on a stem or slider.

They feel completely different, and are considered different.

Buckling Spring

buckling-spring-100225900-orig.gif?times

Mechanical

CherryMXClear.gif

The Spring acts mainly as a way for the stem to get pushed up in a mechanical, but is essential in a buckling spring.

Hope this helps

It really is hard to explain without feeling them. (Kinda like Mechanical Switches, it seems ridiculous until you try them out.)

I don't see what's not mechanical about it. Mechanical shouldn't mean Cherry or equivalent switches. Just because they feel different doesn't make them not mechanical, otherwise what are MX Reds and blacks? I have a Model M (its actually under my modern mechanical keyboard I'm typing on right now, in my desk), and yes, it feels different, but I don't see why it isn't mechanical. 

I don't see what's not mechanical about it. Mechanical shouldn't mean Cherry or equivalent switches. Just because they feel different doesn't make them not mechanical, otherwise what are MX Reds and blacks? I have a Model M (its actually under my modern mechanical keyboard I'm typing on right now, in my desk), and yes, it feels different, but I don't see why it isn't mechanical. 

It's just because it uses a different mechanism to actuate the switch. That is like saying rubber dome and topre are the same. They may be SIMILAR, but are entirely different.

It's just because it uses a different mechanism to actuate the switch. That is like saying rubber dome and topre are the same. They may be SIMILAR, but are entirely different.

If we start to go into details then Rubber Dome, Topre, Bucklilng Spring, Cherry MX, Alps, Scissor Switch, etc. are all mechanical as opposed to "digital" (such as touch pads and screen). When talking about mechanical keyboards in the common sense, both Cherry MX and Buckling Spring are considered in the same mechanical category, while Rubber Dome and Scissor Switch are excluded.

If we start to go into details then Rubber Dome, Topre, Bucklilng Spring, Cherry MX, Alps, Scissor Switch, etc. are all mechanical as opposed to "digital" (such as touch pads and screen). When talking about mechanical keyboards in the common sense, both Cherry MX and Buckling Spring are considered in the same mechanical category, while Rubber Dome and Scissor Switch are excluded.

Which pretty much is my point. When people refer to "mechanical" keyboards, they pretty much mean anything but rubber dome switches.