AC 3 or brotherhood?

Imabigmac

Black Flag for Life

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

I like the whole idea of the American Revolution in AC 3, but I have seen that brotherhood is considered on the best "originals". So if you had $5 what one would buy? And why? Fyi AC series is on sale on steam.

AC 3 all the way

far better than brotherhood, which is just a rehash of II

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

AC1 > ACIII > ACIV > ACII > Brohood >Revalations

Unity looks like a hopefull to slot in between 1 and 3

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Ezio's storyline through AC2 -> Brotherhood -> and the FANTASTIC ending of Revelations...has got to be one of the best written storylines ever. just when you think Ezio is boring and old.....it all comes together in the end in an amazing way that makes you appreciate it all (those that have played through them and experienced the "revelation" will understand)

AC3 was hyped up so much...but the way they played out the plot left it far less significant than any of the previous installments. the ending was a complete joke and just insulting cow milking

Ezio's storyline through AC2 -> Brotherhood -> and the FANTASTIC ending of Revelations...has got to be one of the best written storylines ever. just when you think Ezio is boring and old.....it all comes together in the end in an amazing way that makes you appreciate it all (those that have played through them and experienced the "revelation" will understand)

AC3 was hyped up so much...but the way they played out the plot left it far less significant than any of the previous installments. the ending was a complete joke and just insulting cow milking

So in terms of environment, lets say Im really shallow and only play for the environment. I will play story but I don't usually get intensely involved, more like a hour there and there a few times month. Whats the better game out of the entire franchise minus unity and black flag. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

mmmmm

I'd Brotherhood and AC3, though they're obviously completely different

Brotherhood I found the landscape kinda of bland coming from 2 - but that's mainly because you got to go to Venice in 2....which is hard to match up to. But all of Brotherhood doesn't have any loading screens/transitions, so you can take in all of the city

Revelations has a very grim environment and atmosphere - which on it's own feels like a small step down again from the lively town of Rome (but again, the ending makes it all come together)

AC3 is really interesting because it's probably the most understandable/digestible setting (at least for those in the US since we all learn of the revolution in public school) and because the time period feels more tangible (not so old/long ago). But it splits exploration between cities and forest exploration

I say for what you said, Brotherhood - no loading/transitions was pretty nice thinking back on it now and the city is easy to get lost in because of that

Brotherhood was received far more favorably than ACIII was. Mostly because of the setting and because Connor as a character is much weaker compared to Ezio.

For PC gaming, i'd recommend none of them unless you have a gamepad. They're console games, and as such, don't work as well as I would hope with M&K.

Everyone I know prefers Brotherhood to AC3

I usually play on a controller when I have the option, but AC is one of the few controller compatible games that I actually prefer to play with keyboard & mouse.

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile