Razer Blackwidow chroma?

Go to solution Solved by VulsaviiK,

Linus is going to have a review of it sometime in the next week. I'd wait for that and see what you think

Hi!

For some time now I have looked into buying the Razer Blackwidow Chroma Stealth.

I want a new keyboard because my current keyboard is feeling quite noisy. Right now I have the Roccat Arvo and I feel that it's too compact and

loud. I record a lot of videos for YouTube so I need a quite quiet keyboard when my mic is right beside it. Therefore I want you guys' opinion on this. I too want the RGB features of the keyboard and I feel that the K70 is not as bright as I want the colours to be.

Happy for quick answers :)

Best Regards

PC Specs and other equipment:

CPU: Intel i7 4790K, GPU: ASUS GTX 980 STRIX, RAM: 16gb DDR3

Mouse: Razer Deathadder, KB: Corsair K95 RGB

The brightness of the colours shouldn't decide whether you get a keyboard or not. Get a K70 with the Cherry MX brown keyswitches

Computer Science student proficient in OSX, Linux and Windows

(Dell Inspiron 7570): i5-8550u | Geforce 940MX | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 15.6" 1920x1080 ScreenWindows 10 |

The Blackwidow will be far more trouble than it is worth. It doesn't look that much brighter, and you are giving up Cherry switches open source and more dynamic platform, a unique design, metal construction, and far more time and research. for Synapse, Razer Gaming switches that feel horrible to type on, Poor build quality, and synapse.

Not even close to worth it. The K70 RGB is not all that dim either.

Linus is going to have a review of it sometime in the next week. I'd wait for that and see what you think

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

The brightness of the colours shouldn't decide whether you get a keyboard or not. Get a K70 with the Cherry MX brown keyswitches

Thanks then I know :)

Okey, thanks :)

I can tell you're a razer fan by the sounds of it.

I wouldn't go with the black widow, I'd go for the k70 with brown switches as someone's already said.

It's so much better and the BlackWidow isn't all that nice to type on to be fair

I own a K95 with Cherry MX Red switches and I love it, I wouldn't trade it for anything at the moment as I love it that much, It's so responsive and better to game on than any other keyboard out there in my opinion (Make sure to try some switches out before you purchase the keyboard, You don't want to get it and not like the keyboard...) 

All in all, I'd do some research before purchasing the keyboard you're going to look into getting, I've not really looked at many keyboards but alot of companies provide different key switches with different key switches

Check these out:

- Corsair

- Cooler Master

- Logitech

- DAS Keyboards (Quite nice to type on actually :D)

- ROCCAT

- Razer (Not for me personally...)

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)