Race to c++ HIT ME

Rossyboy

So me and my friend are having a race to see who can learn c++  the fastest. I need you guys to think of an objective for us to race to.

ANY ideas are appreciated but nothing too complicated please! We will post race updates in a separate thread and you guys can even be the judge of who wins!

Get thinking guys! This is gonna be fun xD

See who learns the fatest how to use vectors in a true usefull scenario, GOGOGO, if you have any other questions, ask me.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Make a program that works as a prime number checker and looks something like this:

(it was my first windows project).

(when I say looks something like this, I mean it must have similar functionality and can't use the console).

Prime Number checker GUI inc DLL.zip

Prime Number checker GUI inc DLL.zip

HTTP/2 203

thats really cool! :))))

See who can write a doubly linked list first. This one is kind of tricky when you've just learned pointers, but it helps you learn a practical application of pointers very quickly.

I made a c++ win32 GUI in about 6 weeks (2 weeks testing) from complete noob. Wasn't as hard as I thought :)

P.S: I suck at GUI design :/

post-395-0-86762800-1370428455.png

post-395-0-17582100-1370428530.png

im thinking of doing a program where the user draws a circle and it tells you stats about it. ie circumference diameter radius area ect...

im thinking of doing a program where the user draws a circle and it tells you stats about it. ie circumference diameter radius area ect...

You'll probably find that more difficult than you expect, mainly because drawing tools are (probably) reasonably hard to implement, and to be able to measure it might be even harder depending on how the windows drawing api works (if it exists at all, which I think it does)

HTTP/2 203

How about building your own string class from scratch, its a reasonable sized challenge and tests concepts of pointers and classes (plus it is good practice, I had to do this for a university assignment).