Audio randomly cuts out for no reason

Kirah

Hello i'm no quite sure if this is the right place to be posting this but its audio related.

So ever sense i installed windows 8.1 i have been having strange problems with my audio cutting out every few seconds randomly.

And while rebooting normally fixes it i'm trying to find a permanent fix for it and when ever the problem is present.

I can hear like small bursts of static in my headphones and when the static happens the audio cuts out.

I use a pair of DT770 250ohm headphones and a O2 Amp + Odac combo unit if that helps.

I have also tried reinstalling the USB drivers but that didn't really do anything

Hello i'm no quite sure if this is the right place to be posting this but its audio related.

So ever sense i installed windows 8.1 i have been having strange problems with my audio cutting out every few seconds randomly.

And while rebooting normally fixes it i'm trying to find a permanent fix for it and when ever the problem is present.

I can hear like small bursts of static in my headphones and when the static happens the audio cuts out.

I use a pair of DT770 250ohm headphones and a O2 Amp + Odac combo unit if that helps.

I have also tried reinstalling the USB drivers but that didn't really do anything

Changed usb port? It has to be a driver issue or port issue else your odac just burned out at the exact same time as you installed windows. Are you outputting the right bitrate and frequency? if you use something that's not supported it might cause issues.

Changed usb port? It has to be a driver issue or port issue else your odac just burned out at the exact same time as you installed windows. Are you outputting the right bitrate and frequency? if you use something that's not supported it might cause issues.

I did change USB port i think its a driver issue too cause my motherboard dose not have a windows 8.1 USB 3.0 driver.

Other then the one installed by windows and if the odac actually burned out the effect should be there all the time.

Not just at random boots and it fixes itself when ever i reboot i guess i will just have to keep trying different ports.

And see if it screws up i haven't had any problems so far but who knows what tomorrow might bring.

I did change USB port i think its a driver issue too cause my motherboard dose not have a windows 8.1 USB 3.0 driver.

Other then the one installed by windows and if the odac actually burned out the effect should be there all the time.

Not just at random boots and it fixes itself when ever i reboot i guess i will just have to keep trying different ports.

And see if it screws up i haven't had any problems so far but who knows what tomorrow might bring.

Does the same thing happen without the o2? I do think this is a Windows issue as the odac is essentially driverless.

Does the same thing happen without the o2? I do think this is a Windows issue as the odac is essentially driverless.

Well i haven't actually tried that cause my on board is rubbish and the headphone cable is too short to reach to my pc.

Maybe i should try that the next time it happens and see if it works but i think its related to drivers.

Cause some other usb devices connect to my pc tend to screw up as well my phone randomly getting disconnected same with my 360 controller.

Well i haven't actually tried that cause my on board is rubbish and the headphone cable is too short to reach to my pc.

Maybe i should try that the next time it happens and see if it works but i think its related to drivers.

Cause some other usb devices connect to my pc tend to screw up as well my phone randomly getting disconnected same with my 360 controller.

Then I'm guessing it's the motherboard usb driver. Because the o2 doesn't require a driver to connect but the usb sockets themselves need a motherboard driver. Have you tried the 2.0 ports? Because I believe those don't require drivers to function. 

Use USB 2.0 ports, it should fix your problem.

Something i've noticed with USB 3 ports, usb 3 should be & claims to be "universal" with no issues, but I always have issues trying to use usb 2.0 things in usb 3 ports.

My mouse used to cut out / in for a long time then I decided to plug it into a usb 2 port instead of 3, worked fine. lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Don't use a USB 3.0 port, use the USB 2 port instead, they have better compatibility!

Something i've noticed with USB 3 ports, usb 3 should be & claims to be "universal" with no issues, but I always have issues trying to use usb 2.0 things in usb 3 ports.

My mouse used to cut out / in for a long time then I decided to plug it into a usb 2 port instead of 3, worked fine. lol

Strange, never had that kind of issue with my Asus mobo. USB3 driver installed, keyboard and mouse plugged into USB3 ports, everything is fine. You running windows 8.1? I still use win 7 ultimate though.

Strange, never had that kind of issue with my Asus mobo. USB3 driver installed, keyboard and mouse plugged into USB3 ports, everything is fine. You running windows 8.1? I still use win 7 ultimate though.

Yeah i never had any problems when i was using w7 ultimate i decided to install windows 8.1 cause i was bored and needed something to kill some time and i had a license laying around.

It seems to be working on the the 2.0 port for now at least.

Yeah i never had any problems when i was using w7 ultimate i decided to install windows 8.1 cause i was bored and needed something to kill some time and i had a license laying around.

It seems to be working on the the 2.0 port for now at least.

It's windows, not the ODAC. USB 3.0 should work, but you'll need the 3.0 drivers.