Is it gonna be enough in far far future!?

alphabeta

So I'm planning to upgrade my pc about 4 years from now so I was thinking that thing I'll have to upgrade by that time is the gpu for sure and a fifth generation cpu if the current one gonna bottleneck the gpu and my question is about the PSU

I think 4 years from now DDR3 will still be good for gaming, So I'll stick around them for awhile -_-

Assuming that I'm gonna upgrade my gpu to one that equivalent in performance of R9 290 with current games will I have to upgrade my PSU !?

**maybe this's something unpredictable so if it's just guess :D

wich psu do you have ?

Edit: nevermind. probably not. I don't think you will need a 750W or 850W if you don't overclock or anything

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

So I'm planning to upgrade my pc about 4 years from now so I was thinking that thing I'll have to upgrade by that time is the gpu for sure and a fifth generation cpu if the current one gonna bottleneck the gpu and my question is about the PSU

Assuming that I'm gonna upgrade my gpu to one that equivalent in performance of R9 290 with current games will I have to upgrade my PSU !?

**maybe this's something unpredictable so if it's just guess :D

sorry but i can't tell you it's 4 years from now, probably the 5th gen CPU's won't be produced anymore so in 3-4 years ask this again :)

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

wich psu do you have ?

Edit: nevermind. whats your rig xD

Signature dude signature

We can't tell you. We don't know how games and programs are gonna advance in the future

Life.exe is missing

Signature dude signature

ik I edited my post..

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Like @GhostWindGamer mentioned, we aren't analysts or fortune tellers.

However I think that PSU should suffice; as dyes get smaller and smaller, the TDP always seems to decrease as time progresses when it comes to hardware innovation. 

But who knows?. There might be something like "Ultra Boost 1.0" that cranks up your clock speeds to like 5GHz in the future. :P

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

if you go  with amd in the future you might need 600 watts for the gpu alone with the way they are going right now >.>

to be serious you should change you psu every 5-6 years TBH

Like @GhostWindGamer mentioned, we aren't analysts or fortune tellers.

However I think that PSU should suffice; as dyes get smaller and smaller, the TDP always seems to decrease as time progresses when it comes to hardware innovation.

But who knows?. There might be something like "Ultra Boost 1.0" that cranks up your clock speeds to like 5GHz in the future. :P

I do know that you ain't fortune teller but giving opinions isn't a bad thing :D