There is only one thing on my bucket list

Sammael

The creation of a human consciousness housing android that allows me to transfer all that I am before my meatbag vessel dies.  I will of course need to solve the continuity of consciousness problem as well.

The android will be 6 feet tall, and built to my preferred specifications.  Durability ~ 1000 years, at which point a more durable replacement shall have been created.  

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

The creation of a human consciousness housing android that allows me to transfer all that I am before my meatbag vessel dies.  I will of course need to solve the continuity of consciousness problem as well.

The android will be 6 feet tall, and built to my preferred specifications.  Durability ~ 1000 years, at which point a more durable replacement shall have been created.  

found the complex.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Would we still be ourselves then?

See,it's more complicated than that.Yes,everyone has the liberty to make a choice,but the person is condemned to sense.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

See,it's more complicated than that.Yes,everyone has the liberty to make a choice,but the person is condemned to sense.

fe91a3dc38b1981226c5c025fc759674.jpg

found the complex.

Actually, that's one thing I'd probably keep about myself.  I am exactly 6' tall.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Depends on how closely we can mirror the human mind.  I want to be Sammael+  Have my basic memories and thoughts, but with expanded mental capabilities.  More working memory, more capacity to analyze things and draw inferences.

Think this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Sa6oUUByE#t=1m23s

with a bit less arrogance and penchant for world domination.

I would hate being an android for many reasons. Cant taste food, smell, or even feel things (pain, feel different objects and textures, and sexual things with your significant other). Just something I would hate about being an android even though it has a few positives.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

I would hate being an android for many reasons. Cant taste food, smell, or even feel things (pain, feel different objects and textures, and sexual things with your significant other). Just something I would hate about being an android even though it has a few positives.

Unless they kept a lot of the nervous system in tact, they have arms and legs now that can connect to the human nervous system and transmit the feelings of touch to the brain.

Not exactly what is food, smell, and pain if not electrical and chemical stimuli creating an precise electrical response in our brain. It sounds like a much more complicated version of sensors, conversions, and calculations to me.

Honestly though this seems like a whole childish afterthought to me unless your getting into a serious discussion of engineering such a thing.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Unless they kept a lot of the nervous system in tact, they have arms and legs now that can connect to the human nervous system and transmit the feelings of touch to the brain.

Yeah but it really doubt it will still be the same as a real body.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Depends on how closely we can mirror the human mind.  I want to be Sammael+  Have my basic memories and thoughts, but with expanded mental capabilities.  More working memory, more capacity to analyze things and draw inferences.

Think this:

with a bit less arrogance and penchant for world domination.

What about our soul?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

There is a solution to this.  Virtual dinners.  A virtual world could be created within my android mind and perhaps shared with other androids to simulate the experience of eating food and all the standard tastes that brings.  The  non androids might be a problem though... we will have to deal with them.  In time.

My inspiration gives me hope for a solution.

bBtDMim.jpg

What about our soul?

What happened to the soul of Terri Schiavo after her accident?

The soul of all people who go through some sort of brain trauma that changes the "them" that is them?

What we call a soul, is really the specific combination of memories and experiences and thought processes that resides in our physical brain.  A physical thing that does not exist outside of nature.  At least that's the view my materialist self subscribes to.  It will likely be no easy task to replicate such a thing, we understand so very little, but it's a task worth exploring.

There is a solution to this.  Virtual dinners.  A virtual world could be created within my android mind and perhaps shared with other androids to simulate the experience of eating food and all the standard tastes that brings.

What? You're overcomplicating it, just reproduce the sensory input, hell we might still be able to derive our energy from food at that rate.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

What happened to the soul of Terri Schiavo after her accident?

The soul of all people who go through some sort of brain trauma that changes the "them" that is them?

What we call a soul, is really the specific combination of memories and experiences and though processes that resides in our physical brain.  A physical thing that does not exist outside of nature.  At least that's the view my materialist self subscribes to.  It will likely be no easy task to replicate such a thing, we understand so very little, but it's a task worth exploring.

Sciences observe the physical world,but there sure is another world that can't be measured by anything science-related.

We measure length,mass,temperature,etc., but how do you measure the happiness of a person?How do you measure a thought?

Just because something can't be defined(maybe yet) by science, that doesn't mean that something doesn't exist.

Sciences observe the physical world,but there sure is another world that can't be measured by anything science-related.

We measure length,mass,temperature,etc., but how do you measure the happiness of a person?How do you measure a thought?

Just because something can't be defined(maybe yet) by science, that doesn't mean that something doesn't exist.

Something else might exist, but if that world is outside of nature than it's pretty much outside the bounds of what we can ever hope to comprehend.  The robot self is an attempt to bank on the universe and reality we have direct observation of, not a potential that we might hope for but can't ever be proven.

It's kind of like a reversed pascals wager if the androids are ever developed.

An afterlife is, or it is not.

A current life definitely is.

Do you choose the more certain path for continued existence in this regular universe?  Or gamble with a standard mortal end in the hopes that there is something more?

What about our soul?

Souls are an illusion, your brain is the central hub of all your existence and makes you, you. Unless you're religious than yeahhhh souls!