Elon Musk says next year's Tesla cars will be able to self-drive 90 percent of the time.

shermantanker

Still could not care less bout tesla :P

It will prevent that guy who thinks he's a speed daemon by driving 1 mph over the limit from sitting on the fast lane and ruin traffic for the rest driving 10 mph over the limit.

I've always envisioned having a lane where everyone driving for extended lengths to attach to each other in a train mode so save energy and just sit in the car as those long distance miles tick by. I still like to drive but if you've ever driven on those long straight roads its boring as can be in any car so might as well open up a book to read or go see what's going on in the LTT forums instead of just siting with your hands at 10 and 2 with your foot on the accelerator for the same amount of time.

I had the same idea a while back.

Edit: pfff, who uses 10 and 2? the correct position is 10 and elbow out the window.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Still could not care less bout tesla :P

I had the same idea a while back.

I'm not sold on an electric car just yet, but I do like the way he is pushing the industry.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'm not sold on an electric car just yet, but I do like the way he is pushing the industry.

He is, but there are problems yet to be seen. I'm still seeing commecrials about "flex your power" because California is having brownouts and shit because they're to chicken shit to build some nuclear reactors, these cars just add to that issue.

This isn't green, it's still being powered by fossil fuels for the most part, just indirectly.

He is, but there are problems yet to be seen. I'm still seeing commecrials about "flex your power" because California is having brownouts and shit because they're to chicken shit to build some nuclear reactors, these cars just add to that issue.

This isn't green, it's still being powered by fossil fuels for the most part, just indirectly.

My issue is the batteries. Right now the mining for nickle in NMH batteries is an incredibly dirty business, and the processing for Lithium in Li+ or LiFe batteries is not exactly squeaky clean either. Both have a larger environmental impact than the manufacture of the average cars internal combustion engine. Then on top of that, the batteries do not last as long as the IC engines do. 

They are getting better on all layers, but not quite there yet.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

My issue is the batteries. Right now the mining for nickle in NMH batteries is an incredibly dirty business, and the processing for Lithium in Li+ or LiFe batteries is not exactly squeaky clean either. Both have a larger environmental impact than the manufacture of the average cars internal combustion engine. Then on top of that, the batteries do not last as long as the IC engines do. 

They are getting better on all layers, but not quite there yet.

For me, its all of that, plus noise. I love the roar of a IC engine when your out having fun, yeah if your just driving around it gets annoying (or at least I understand that some insane people think so, the kind of people that think having sex all the time is boring as well).

I like a loud engine, has never bothered me at all, likely never will.