Display Problem

TasosTech
Go to solution Solved by SuperPug,

A GPU is installed,as I said I didn't have a DVI or HDMI to plug it to the gpu (r9 280 which only takes dvi,hdmi) so i plugged it to mobo with VGA

If there is a GPU in the PC the MOBO VGA wont put out a signal. If you want it to put out a signal REMOVE the GPU!

Hi guys..!

My friend just bought a new pc with a new monitor and he came by my house to install windows,drivers etc.

Well, I plugged everything (monitor,keyboard,mouse,bootable usb for windows) and boot up the pc and then nothing happens! BIOS didn't show up on the screen. The monitor was just searching for display (or it was a message like this)

1. Every Part of the PC was checked from the shop we bought it and they passed every "test"
  2. ​I tested the monitor on my PC to make sure that everything was working,and it was just fine, so the problem isn't from the monitor

​possible problem!!??

• I Plugged the monitor to motherboard's VGA port, because I didn't a DVI or HDMI to plug it to the graphic

It is ok to show nothing?? Do I have to smash F8 or something to boot my usb drive!?

Please guys I really need help  :(  :(

PC SPECS

• Asus z97k
  • intel i5 4690
  • Hyper X fury 8gb dual
  • Asus r9 280 
  • corsair cx600m bronze
  • samsung 840 evo 120gb

Hi guys..!

My friend just bought a new pc with a new monitor and he came by my house to install windows,drivers etc.

Well, I plugged everything (monitor,keyboard,mouse,bootable usb for windows) and boot up the pc and then nothing happens! BIOS didn't show up on the screen. The monitor was just searching for display (or it was a message like this)

1. Every Part of the PC was checked from the shop we bought it and they passed every "test"
  2. ​I tested the monitor on my PC to make that everything was working,and it was just fine, so the problem isn't from the monitor

​possible problem!!??

• I Plugged the monitor to motherboard's VGA port, because I didn't a DVI or HDMI to plug it to the graphic

It is ok to show nothing?? Do I have to smash F8 or something to boot my usb drive!?

Please guys I really need help  :(  :(

PC SPECS

• Asus z97k
  • intel i5 4690
  • Hyper X fury 8gb dual
  • Asus r9 280 
  • corsair cx600m bronze
  • samsung 840 evo 120gb

take out the usb drive and see if it posts

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

The motherboard VGA port only outputs a picture if there's no GPU installed afaik. So either take the GPU out or better - plug the screen into the GPU...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

take out the usb drive and see if it posts

This isn't the problem here..Usb works just fine I checked it on my pc first

The prob is that nothing is shows up on the monitor not even bios (to be able to install windows)

This isn't the problem here..Usb works just fine I checked it on my pc first

The prob is that nothing is shows up on the monitor not even bios (to be able to install windows)

did you try onboard graphics

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

The motherboard VGA port only outputs a picture if there's no GPU installed afaik. So either take the GPU out or better - plug the screen into the GPU...

A GPU is installed,as I said I didn't have a DVI or HDMI to plug it to the gpu (r9 280 which only takes dvi,hdmi) so i plugged it to mobo with VGA

did you try onboard graphics

It's plugged to mobo..

It's plugged to mobo..

thats the problem the video is going through the graphics card take it out and try also buy a dvi to vga or in buy a new monitor

thats the problem the video is going through the graphics card take it out and try also buy a dvi to vga or in buy a new monitor

I'll go and buy a DVI and i will post again..!

If anyone know what the hell is going on please respond.

I'll go and buy a DVI and i will post again..!

If anyone know what the hell is going on please respond.

did you try it after taking out the gpu

Try it without a USB anyways. I've seen some cases in which PC's wouldn't post because of USB being plugged in.

Also Take out your GPU anyways. If you have a defective card plugged in your pc will not POST either.

Good luck

Try it without a USB anyways. I've seen some cases in which PC's wouldn't post because of USB being plugged in.

Also Take out your GPU anyways. If you have a defective card plugged in your pc will not POST either.

Good luck

ok thanks

Hey man, get a vga to dvi adapter and you should be fine. I had the same problem before. Got a pretty old monitor and new gpu so my monitor has vga and my gpu dvi, same as you!

Asus Gtx 770 I Asus Z97-A I Intel i5 4690 I Corsair CX750M I Corsair 300R I 840 EVO 250 GB I WD Blue 1 TB I Razer Deathadder I CM Storm Quickfire TK I Dell Ultrasharp U2414H.

If there is a GPU in the PC the MOBO VGA wont put out a signal. If you want it to put out a signal REMOVE the GPU!

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Hey man, get a vga to dvi adapter and you should be fine. I had the same problem before. Got a pretty old monitor and new gpu so my monitor has vga and my gpu dvi, same as you!

That's it!! ok fixed ^_^