civ 5 help me set up

themaniac

so i want you guys to choose which settings i should use for the people that choose other please comment on what the other is and i'll add it to the poll i will choose the settings in about 4 hours so it will be about 6:00 us central time 

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Arabia is da best.

All that gold.... mmm <3

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Arabia is da best.

All that gold.... mmm <3

i added it

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

I like the shoshone.. 

added

Spoiler

Last time i played a Civilization game i always ended up either forging another British empire, or a Viking faction and go on a pillaging rampage. Or even creating the 4th Reich. 

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Japan is great for new players, assuming you are one, and Germany is also great if barbarians are on.  Russia is fantastic if you want a huge empire, and if you have Brave New World, Venice is where its at.

Also, Prince will probably be the most satisfying experience for casual gameplay.  It's moderately difficult, and if you go any lower, wars become a pretty big joke.  I prefer playing on King, because in Prince, there's usually only 1 superpower, plus you, while the rest of the world lags behind severely.  In king, pretty much everyone is neck and neck.  Any higher than that becomes quite difficult imo.

If you dont at least have Gods and Kings I'd strongly recommend it, Civ 5 just isnt the same without it.  Brave New World is also absolutely fantastic, and gives city states much more purpose (whereas before they were pretty much useless), but G&K is essential.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I really need to buy this game. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Japan is great for new players, assuming you are one, and Germany is also great if barbarians are on.  Russia is fantastic if you want a huge empire, and if you have Brave New World, Venice is where its at.

Also, Prince will probably be the most satisfying experience for casual gameplay.  It's moderately difficult, and if you go any lower, wars become a pretty big joke.  I prefer playing on King, because in Prince, there's usually only 1 superpower, plus you, while the rest of the world lags behind severely.  In king, pretty much everyone is neck and neck.  Any higher than that becomes quite difficult imo.

If you dont at least have Gods and Kings I'd strongly recommend it, Civ 5 just isnt the same without it.  Brave New World is also absolutely fantastic, and gives city states much more purpose (whereas before they were pretty much useless), but G&K is essential.

i am not a new player i have about 100 hours under my belt i have played one game on prince and i could not even win a war unless i was defending and i was neck and neck with rome and venice in technology i have both G&K and BNW and i'll add japan to the poll 

Spoiler

I really need to buy this game. 

you should its really fun

Spoiler

i am not a new player i have about 100 hours under my belt i have played one game on prince and i could not even win a war unless i was defending and i was neck and neck with rome and venice in technology i have both G&K and BNW and i'll add japan to the poll 

You can't just give up after one bad game.

All of the mentioned civs are fun to play. You might add the Netherlands since they are versitily and Babylon or Korea for sience.

How about a shuffle map for more ramdom game.

You can't just give up after one bad game.

All of the mentioned civs are fun to play. You might add the Netherlands since they are versitily and Babylon or Korea for sience.

How about a shuffle map for more ramdom game.

ok and i don't give up on bad games and i have no idea what a shuffle map is and i'll add all three of the civs you listed

Spoiler

What is really fun, but only works on King and below:

Byzantium, pagodas+mosques+cathedrals, keep all non-capital cities at 1 pop. Rush to fill the piety tree and get sacred sites while spamming an unholy amount of settlers.

get the ability to generate 2 tourism with every building your purchase with faith= victory at 1520 for me ;D

must be pangea and a relativly small map, you dont really research anything other than things for religion and culture, so you won't be able to find anyone that is on another island

What is really fun, but only works on King and below:

Byzantium, pagodas+mosques+cathedrals, keep all non-capital cities at 1 pop. Rush to fill the piety tree and get sacred sites while spamming an unholy amount of settlers.

get the ability to generate 2 tourism with every building your purchase with faith= victory at 1520 for me ;D

must be pangea and a relativly small map, you dont really research anything other than things for religion and culture, so you won't be able to find anyone that is on another island

ok thanks i'll put in byzantium

Spoiler

ok thanks i'll put in byzantium

also if you have difficulties with gold:

Declare war as soon as you meet someone pre turn 30. They will nearly always try to make peace and give you their gold, which can be huge early on

also if you have difficulties with gold:

Declare war as soon as you meet someone pre turn 30. They will nearly always try to make peace and give you their gold, which can be huge early on

ok i'll try that once its time to set up my game

Spoiler

so it seems like its going to be germany, prince, and huge. people we need a tie breaker for for the map type so break the tie 

ps i am giving you guys and girls 30 minutes before the time when i make my game happens

Spoiler

Siam...

added

Spoiler

ok its large, continents, prince, and a tie between england and germany but i'm going to choose england because i have never played as england so its large, continents, prince, and england

Spoiler

Go for marathon pace (I think that's what it's called, haven't looked in a while)