Looking for fan suggestions, 80mm

EST_FatBoy

Okay I once used a vacuum to clean my PC. It broke my CPU fan PWM controller. After many many months I finally decided to buy a new fan, but I want to save money so I started thinking.

The Fractal R2 Mini case has a fan controller, now if I connect my CPU fan to it, can I get the fan to work on higher RPM? At the moment it doesnt do much because the PWM controller is broken, so it works on the lowest speed.

Im looking for fan suggestions now, has to be 80mm

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

Okay I once used a vacuum to clean my PC. It broke my CPU fan PWM controller. After many many months I finally decided to buy a new fan, but I want to save money so I started thinking.

The Fractal R2 Mini case has a fan controller, now if I connect my CPU fan to it, can I get the fan to work on higher RPM? At the moment it doesnt do much because the PWM controller is broken, so it works on the lowest speed.

Your computer wont boot if you don't have the cpu fan connected to the motherboard. Also don't ever vacuum your computer, you can create a build up of static with the vacuum and it can discharge onto your system.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Also don't ever vacuum your computer, you can create a build up of static with the vacuum and it can discharge onto your system.

I know I know I know, it was a long time ago, and I didnt have air in a can back then.

I guess Im looking for fan suggestions now, it has to be 80mm

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

Noctua has a line of amazing fans of various sizes, from 40mm to 140mm, if you need a 80mm fan i would be looking at NF-A8 or NF-A8 Redux. either of those work.

Noctua/ Silverstone

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I agree with spwath. Noctua/ Silverstone

CPU: Intel I7 4930k 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series (4x4GB) 2400mhz 10-12-12-31 | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB & WD Velociraptor 1TB | PSU: Seasonic Platinum Series 860 |

Cooling: Noctua NH-U-14S Two Fans | Case Fans : 3 Noctua NF A14 FLX  | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate

Be quiet has an 80mm fan

Be quiet>Noctua IMO as far as price/performance is concerned

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

For extreme silence go with the BeQuiet ones but for an ordinary fan that moves a shit ton of air go with the Noctua fans.