Sold old build and new build plan

H4X3R

I sold my old rig (still in desc until i build new one). I still retain my SSD and i have a HDD lying around.
I sold my 8350, crosshair v f z, 12gb ram, 290 tri x, 2tb HDD, 600W enermax platinum, bitfenix collosus case (was bad as f*ck anyway) and a h80i along with 3 custom and quiet enermax fans for 770 euros. What do you think, was it a fair deal? IMO it was a tiny profit for me.

I have been planning and suggesting so many builds and now i finally get to "suggest" my own. Please feel free to criticise within reason. I DO NOT PLAN TO OVERCLOCK! (OCing is not worth the money and time spent doing it and it shortens the lifespan of the cpu).

My planned build:
Intel xeon 1231v3
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3h (not sure yet, please advise)
Some gtx 970 for ~ 345 euros once they are available at my prefered e tailer/s. Probs going to be msi. Do not comment on this.
Enermax T40 TB
XFX XTR 550W gold fully modular w/ hybrid mode...i like them silent AND good (unlike the rm series).
Phanteks Enthoo pro w/ window (at last a good case)
8gb gskill (cheapest decent ram) + some avexir 4gb stick i have laying around

So, please feel free to suggest (where appropriate).
I would appreciate a good audio solution for my k612s (eg asrock purity sound 2, asus supreme fx, etc).
M.2 is also a requirement for the mobo.

I am just not sure about the h97 asrock killer mobo due to the colour scheme but it has more usb ports and sata ports.

Use geizhals.at for the prices (once again, no gtx 970 recommendations...yet)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Xeons are a waste of money for gaming because they simply aren't optimised for it. Keep the motherboard and buy yourself an i5 4690 and also, I don't know of XFX as a psu brand so I wouldn't touch them. Also, Corsair xxxD series makes me nerdboner every time so look into them.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Hi H4X3R,

I would highly recommend the be quiet! l8 Pure Power semi-modular series of PSUs. I have the 630w version and it's extremely silent. I'ts underneath my desk and my case fans at low RPM are more audible than it and they are even quiet when I listen to them close up. I can't even tell which is the PSU fan because it's literally silent!

The only downside is it's classified as an 80 PLUS Bronze, however, it's efficiency is actually very good if you care to look it up. Like 88% on mid-heavy loads (can't remember correctly, might be heavy loads).

Hi H4X3R,

I would highly recommend the be quiet! l8 Pure Power semi-modular series of PSUs. I have the 630w version and it's extremely silent. I'ts underneath my desk and my case fans at low RPM are more audible than it and they are even quiet when I listen to them close up. I can't even tell which is the PSU fan because it's literally silent!

The only downside is it's classified as an 80 PLUS Bronze, however, it's efficiency is actually very good if you care to look it up. Like 88% on mid-heavy loads (can't remember correctly, might be heavy loads).

I prefer to pay 8 euros more and have nicer cables and a fully modular PSU.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Just curious, how do you find overclocking hard? Even on my now approaching 4 year old motherboard, there was just a software suite you'd install that worked along side it with three buttons.
Low, medium, and high overclock. Pick one, click it, boom, more performance. There was no need to do anything more.

I can't find the Pro Gamer board, but Gigabyte also makes some pretty solid H series boards. What was the color scheme?

For the headphones, don't even bother with stuff that goes in the computer. Just get a nice desktop amp/dac.

Xeons are a waste of money for gaming because they simply aren't optimised for it. Keep the motherboard and buy yourself an i5 4690 and also, I don't know of XFX as a psu brand so I wouldn't touch them. Also, Corsair xxxD series makes me nerdboner every time so look into them.

Ermm...what? A Xeon is basically a locked i7 with a few different feature sets and a slightly lower (depending on model) clock.

XFX power supplies are made by Seasonic (depending again, on model), which is one of the highest quality PSU manufacturers...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

xfx is a pretty great retailer for psu, they are mostly components from seasonic (just like other major brands) 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Just curious, how do you find overclocking hard? Even on my now approaching 4 year old motherboard, there was just a software suite you'd install that worked along side it with three buttons.

Low, medium, and high overclock. Pick one, click it, boom, more performance. There was no need to do anything more.

I can't find the Pro Gamer board, but Gigabyte also makes some pretty solid H series boards. What was the color scheme?

For the headphones, don't even bother with stuff that goes in the computer. Just get a nice desktop amp/dac.

Ermm...what? A Xeon is basically a locked i7 with a few different feature sets and a slightly lower (depending on model) clock.

XFX power supplies are made by Seasonic (depending again, on model), which is one of the highest quality PSU manufacturers...

Thanks for the reply.

1) I don't find OCing hard, just time consuming and the performance benefit you get is not worth that time and extra money. It also shortens the lifespan, which is proven, but it really is mostly up to silicon lottery.

I have OCed my bros 4670k and my own old 8350, on both getting decent ocez (5.1 on 8350 and 4.6 on 4670k).

I used my onboard audio to power my headphones and i wil continue to do so as destop amps aren't something i really need and they are expensive. My headphones were powered by the alc889 w/ supremefx iii design fairly well without distortion and i had to crank the volume up to 46 most of the time. Have a google for the pro gamer, nice subdued red black colour scheme and lots of features (and supremefx audio). I kinda want to have it just because of the BIOS :P

The xeon 1231v3 is basically a 4790 w/ 3.4hz clock speed. 4 cores, 8 threads..the best option if you don't want to OC in terms of price.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

UPDATE: I will probably be buying the z97x ud3h. No change on availability of msi or gigabyte 970s (those are the 2 i am considering)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4