Where's a review for HD 558s?

APrettyCoolWalrus
Go to solution Solved by mvitkun,

I guess that makes sense, mostly I just want to hear about comfort since most people say that the HD 558s sound great anyway.

The best place to look for reviews would be HeadFi they have reviews from individual users.

I can't find a good video review on the Sennheiser HD 558, all of the reviews are from low-ranking youtubers with not much experience. Linus hasn't done a review on his channel, so where can I find one?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Actually most headphones aren't reviewed by big youtubers because of opinion and how people hear things differently.

Thats why Linus doesnt do the ATH M50's 

and why MKBHD's vid has a ton of dislikes too

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Actually most headphones aren't reviewed by big youtubers because of opinion and how people hear things differently.

Thats why Linus doesnt do the ATH M50's 

and why MKBHD's vid has a ton of dislikes too

I guess that makes sense, mostly I just want to hear about comfort since most people say that the HD 558s sound great anyway.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Very comfortable, but if you have a large head they may not be. 

Change the title to "hows the HD558's" and you'll get some reviews from fellow LTT people

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

The best place to look for reviews would be HeadFi they have reviews from individual users.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Very comfortable, but if you have a large head they may not be. 

What about glasses with wide frames? I take after my dad's massive head but I'm only a teen, so I suppose that shouldn't be a problem.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks gents!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Be careful of Headfi, it is a notorious playground for placebofiles (so if you're looking for sound info you need to have decent experience to sort out facts from BS). But if you're looking for info on comfort, Headfi's just fine and arguably a great resource.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?