Let's Talk: Windows 10

GoodBytes

Hope Microsoft addresses problems like Alt-tab slow response/crashes on programs running on full-screen mode.

That's not Windows. It is the game in question. It's not all games that have this problem.

Bad programming is bad.

I know Vista (yes that) could have an animated desktop background, don't remember how (think you had to have Ultimate).  Wondering if this allows more max RAM then 8 did (128 GB), 7 allowed 192 GB (Ultimate, anyway) . . .

You mean the whole "not having borders around shit" design? I blame apple for that, it pisses me off as well.

You blame Apple for Microsoft making a design decision you don't like and I'M the fanboy here?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

OJDdGuc.png

You missed the poll option: "Flat design is a scorn on user interaction design, it's NOT OK, and until MSFT gets their heads out of their collective assses I'll be sticking with Windows 7".

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

Good point. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it would make sense, since they removed the old app switcher and put this one in. I still stand behind my pretty animations. :P

I usually disable animations so that everything is instant, so I guess win 10 is for me :P

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Sounds or look better than expected. I hate that huge start menu, it take the half of the monitor, that's stupid. Hate those widget and all.

But I hope for them they will deliver  a correct OS this time. And I hope the price is all right

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Sounds or look better than expected. I hate that huge start menu, it take the half of the monitor, that's stupid. Hate those widget and all.

But I hope for them they will deliver  a correct OS this time. And I hope the price is all right

You should watch the video. You can see how the Start Menu is customizable. You can make it smaller than Windows 7 one, even.

Why isn't there a option "No, it still looks like crap, I'm staying with windows 7 FOR LIFE" in the pool? Because that's what I'm gonna to do. It seems they'll be sticking with the flat design, which is terrible. Especially in excel, where you don't know what's a text and what is a button. Not to mention that it's super UGLY! I HATE THIS! LET IT DIE! FLAT DESIGN NEEDS TO DIE! (Seriously M$, fire the idiot designer who designed the whole thing, if there even is a designer...)

Because the GUI is the part of the last thing that will be updated. And it look like that until that moment.

The look doesn't determine if the OS is good or not.

I don't like the way he's sitting on that chair, it makes me want to punch him.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I don't like the way he's sitting on that chair, it makes me want to punch him.

Microsoft is not responsible for your anger management issues. :P

I've been teetering on the edge of my seat because they're talking about unified system architecture.

Then they pull this out...

ACiSzmp.png

2VgIRHM.png

NZfQuat.png

GNU/Linux Master race!

And I'm like "well, fuck me and call me steve!"

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

So, if you install it, once it officially releases, do you need to buy a copy? Or do they just shut your computer down? :D

Can I set a .gif as the background and have it actually move for fucks sake?

well i know you can set a .gif as background on xp because in school we made a epilepsy inducing flashing backgrounds 

PooKloo For Slick

So, if you install it, once it officially releases, do you need to buy a copy? Or do they just shut your computer down? :D

You'll have several months after Windows 10 is officially release to purchase Windows 10, or install another OS.

In both cases, a clean install is normally required, as you switch from debug build to release build.

well i know you can set a .gif as background on xp because in school we made a epilepsy inducing flashing backgrounds 

For some unknown reason, you can't on windows 7 :(

At least not with some kind of work around with a program that shows up as a virus on my anti virus program.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You can load GIFs and Animated PNGs in Windows, but have them animated.

The reason why animated GIF were animated back in XP days, is that it was IE rendering it, as IE was part of Windows Shell.

Since Vista, IE was pulled out of Windows shell, and is now just a web browser and ActiveX components for programs to use (and Windows Help document)

*looks at Star Menu*

"All Apps"

No thanks, I'm not exactly fond of infantile naming conventions.

Plural of PC is PCs, not PC's. Plural of CPU is CPUs, not CPU's. Plural of LED is LEDs, not LED's.

You can build computers really well, not real good.

*looks at Star Menu*

"All Apps"

No thanks, I'm not exactly fond of infantile naming conventions.

Sorry but that is standards. I used to call applications, as Apps back in Windows 9x days. I even had 2 partitions on my drive:

System (C:\) and Apps (D:\).

It was used back then and still used today.

If you think the image that "Apps" has changed to infantile software, than that is you, I am afraid :/

Sorry but that is standards. I used to call applications, as Apps back in Windows 9x days. I even had 2 partitions on my drive:

System (C:\) and Apps (D:\).

It was used back then and still used today.

If you think the image that "Apps" has changed to infantile software, than that is you, I am afraid :/

Good for you. I don't use it, because I like to not ruin a language.

Speaking of ruining a language, I don't understand the last sentence aside from the fact that it ends with an insult so I'll just leave this here: 

504221a8e8.png

Feel free to substitute Jobs for Nadella.

Plural of PC is PCs, not PC's. Plural of CPU is CPUs, not CPU's. Plural of LED is LEDs, not LED's.

It was not an insult, honest. Bad sentence structure on my part. Sorry.

Apple is all about super simplicity. So they call every software as "Apps".

I think you should be angry at Apple to try and rename the meaning of Application.

I think you should be angry at Apple to try and rename the meaning of Application.

As you can see, Microsoft is gladly following their footsteps, so I'm blaming them as well.

Oh well, hopefully something like Classic Shell fixes this "coolness".