What is the value of my PC?

If you enjoy gaming then yes you do, it's simply the best and cheapest way to game.

i mean that not every PC has to be for gaming, and not everyone that has a PC uses it for gaming. i for example have a couple of highend rigs at my place, my parents, girlfrieds,... and only one of them has ever seen a game be installed on it.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

No I don't run the same OS on my PC, and a laptop is just as portable and way more practical.

Then you are the exception to hate Windows.

Also I quite disagree, I owned an RT 2 device fr a while and it was way more portable and convenient than the laptop.

The laptop was a bitch truly.

i mean that not every PC has to be for gaming, and not everyone that has a PC uses it for gaming. i for example have a couple of highend rigs at my place, my parents, girlfrieds,... and only one of them has ever seen a game be installed on it.

When did I say PC's where for gaming and gaming only?, that's right I didn't.

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

When did I say PC's where for gaming and gaming only?, that's right I didn't.

i was just explaining my thoughts, since you attacked me with the pc is the best for gaming crap. and its not the cheapest. consoles would be cheaper for me, especially as i dont even play enough MP to justify paying for it

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Then you are the exception to hate Windows.

Also I quite disagree, I owned an RT 2 device fr a while and it was way more portable and convenient than the laptop.

The laptop was a bitch truly.

I don't hate windows, I run windows 7 although I do hate micro$oft.

What would you do on this surface pro?, unless you are editing/photoshop on the go, then its pretty much pointless.

i was just explaining my thoughts, since you attacked me with the pc is the best for gaming crap. and its not the cheapest. consoles would be cheaper for me, especially as i dont even play enough MP to justify paying for it

If you play a lot of games then PC is way cheaper over time, if you're a casual then sure buy a console.

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

I don't hate windows, I run windows 7 although I do hate micro$oft.

What would you do on this surface pro?, unless you are editing/photoshop on the go, then its pretty much pointless.

Office, turns out I need it badly at school.

Also I browse a Shit ton, a large, large amount, just all the damn time.

Would like to have full Windows for that with a decent CPU. I also am infatuated with the design of the thing and the touch cover thing is just damn genius I find.

If you play a lot of games then PC is way cheaper over time, if you're a casual then sure buy a console.

well PC is cheaper if you need one anyway (hence i dont have a console) but if you only need a small celeron laptop to edit word on it, then you will be far better off with a console

Office, turns out I need it badly at school.

Also I browse a Shit ton, a large, large amount, just all the damn time.

Would like to have full Windows for that with a decent CPU. I also am infatuated with the design of the thing and the touch cover thing is just damn genius I find.

Fair enough, isn't there a cheaper version that can run office though?

well PC is cheaper if you need one anyway (hence i dont have a console) but if you only need a small celeron laptop to edit word on it, then you will be far better off with a console

Even if you already have a laptop or something PC is still cheaper if you're not a casual, the money you save over time with games makes it far cheaper than console gaming.

Yeah, the RT version, I had it for a while to try.

But RT was so limiting.

A good CPU with full Windows on a nice screen and that portability is just amazing imo.

maybe OP wants a highend product?

Even if you already have a laptop or something PC is still cheaper if you're not a casual, the money you save over time with games makes it far cheaper than console gaming.

a decent PC is 700€. a console is 300€. now you have 400€ to spend in games/MP subs before youre even on the same price. and that pc will also not be of any other use to you if oyu have a good enough lappy already. 

but i do also see your point how PC is superior to consoles when it comes to gaming alot and MP, and i agree with you on that

However you were right. I would not be able to game anymore which sucks

However you were right. I would not be able to game anymore which sucks

how old are you? can you get a job? if you can, just save for a while, rather than selling

how old are you? can you get a job? if you can, just save for a while, rather than selling

I can get a job easily (21 years old) but I am simply very lazy...

Even if I wasn't lazy, I am an instant gratification kind of person, very much so.

a decent PC is 700€. a console is 300€. now you have 400€ to spend in games/MP subs before youre even on the same price. and that pc will also not be of any other use to you if oyu have a good enough lappy already.

but i do also see your point how PC is superior to consoles when it comes to gaming alot and MP, and i agree with you on that

Yes buy a console for 300 euro spend 50-60 euro on every game old or new, then watch your console be irrelevant in 3 years, next gen comes out you have to buy a new console because your ps4 or xbone can't handle latest games, then all your 50 euro games are useless. console gaming is not cheaper in the long run.

Buy 8 games boom 400 euro right there.

I can get a job easily (21 years old) but I am simply very lazy...

Even if I wasn't lazy, I am an instant gratification kind of person, very much so.

no matter, get a job. if nothing else, it teaches you to value yours and others time xD plus money

Yes buy a console for 300 euro spend 50-60 euro on every game old or new, then watch your console be irrelevant in 3 years, next gen comes out you have to buy a new console because your ps4 or xbone can't handle latest games, then all your 50 euro games are useless. console gaming is not cheaper in the long run.

believe me, they will milk this hardware for as long as your typical upgrade cycle on a PC is... and those games wont be useless. when i had my PS2, that was the most played console even when bro brought a 360, and i had a PC, simply because we enjoed those games

no matter, get a job. if nothing else, it teaches you to value yours and others time xD plus money

believe me, they will milk this hardware for as long as your typical upgrade cycle on a PC is... and those games wont be useless. when i had my PS2, that was the most played console even when bro brought a 360, and i had a PC, simply because we enjoed those games

Oh it's not that I don't know those things. I used to work, 3 jobs I had in total. But that was 3 years ago now.

Oh it's not that I don't know those things. I used to work, 3 jobs I had in total. But that was 3 years ago now.

id still reccomend a job. just a good practice to make your own money

Do you really think PS4 and Xbone will last more than 5 years?, they where already under powered on release, on PC you buy games for a fraction of the price then on console and those games last you forever, I will be able to play all my PC games in 20 years time, no matter how many upgrades my PC goes through.

id still reccomend a job. just a good practice to make your own money

I know of course, but I am enjoying my free time which I have now. :P

I realize that so much free time along with a study will never be possible again when I get a job in the future. So basically I am making the best of it now in regards of enjoying my youth.

Do you really think PS4 and Xbone will last more than 5 years?, they where already under powered on release, on PC you buy games for a fraction of the price then on console and those games last you forever, I will be able to play all my PC games in 20 years time, no matter how many upgrades my PC goes through.

ill bet you a hundred you wont, natively. 

and yes they will last, simply because it takes time for MS and sony to design new consoles

ill bet you a hundred you wont, natively. 

and yes they will last, simply because it takes time for MS and sony to design new consoles

Have you seen inside the consoles?, I could design them better, the Xbone is pretty much a half empty box, it won't take them more than a year to design and manufacture new consoles, all they have to do is put decent hardware in them.

Have you seen inside the consoles?, I could design them better, the Xbone is pretty much a half empty box, it won't take them more than a year to design and manufacture new consoles, all they have to do is put decent hardware in them.

ive not seen them, i always assumed it was a custom motherboard, with all the chips embedded in it, and some cooling in the range of highend low profile PC coolers.

and believe me, designing a custom motherboard, bios, OS and controller chips on the motherboard is not a 1 year job. id be surprised if they manage it in 5.

ive not seen them, i always assumed it was a custom motherboard, with all the chips embedded in it, and some cooling in the range of highend low profile PC coolers.

and believe me, designing a custom motherboard, bios, OS and controller chips on the motherboard is not a 1 year job. id be surprised if they manage it in 5.

They don't design there own hardware though, they get companies like amd to do it for them.

They don't design there own hardware though, they get companies like amd to do it for them.

it still takes time, and money. money that sony cant spare right now, and MS isnt in a position to overspend either ;)

it still takes time, and money. money that sony cant spare right now, and MS isnt in a position to overspend either ;)

So what are they going to do when games either don't run or look like complete shit on there systems in a few years?, they could barely get games to run at 720p 30fps at release, imagine 3 years time.