Lots of errors (possibly mobo related, maybe software)

Yesterday I received my long-awaited gtx980, and upon installing it, the drivers, and a new psu (EVGA 850w supernova v2) I encountered various errors.

When I boot it up, it stays on the bios options screen for at least a minute (the one where it says "press f2 to enter bios menu"), and if I try to enter it, or press any key, a short beep comes from the mobo, and if I hold down the key, if makes a series of beeps so close together it sounds like one continuous beep. Once the bios splash screen goes away, a few more short beeps are made, and the screen goes black. A few more beeps, and the windows loading screen pops up and it boots like normal. With the only exception being that the right hand side of my taskbar is missing some icons, such as the network icon and the dolby audio profiles icon (as pictured below).

post-87190-0-63025200-1412034400.png

Whenever I try to play a game, the computer crashes, no blue screen, just a short black screen, and the computer powers off.

edit: tried playing games again and it works fine! :) other errors still apply though :(

Another problem I have had for a while, is that whenever I restart my computer (or just turn it back on from being off), my network drivers stop working, and the only way for me to access the internet is to reinstall my network drivers.

Things I have tried:

- Reseating gpu

- Resetting CMOS

- Restarting computer

- Reinstalling different network drivers

- Uninstalling old AMD GPU drivers

Specs:

intel i5 3570k (not overclocked)

EVGA reference GTX 980

EVGA 850w supernova v2

intel z77bh-55k

8gb (2x 4gb) kingston ram @ 1333mhz

i had a similar problem when i bought my 290x

long boot time

computer crashs when playing games

no bsod just goes black

it turned out to be my power supply

when i replaced it the system worked fine

check your psu voltages in the bios, my problem was the 12v rail was dodgy (due to long term use as it was 3 years old) and went below 11v (sometimes down to 9.6v)

i had a similar problem when i bought my 290x

long boot time

computer crashs when playing games

no bsod just goes black

it turned out to be my power supply

when i replaced it the system worked fine

check your psu voltages in the bios, my problem was the 12v rail was dodgy (due to long term use as it was 3 years old) and went below 11v (sometimes down to 9.6v)

I just bought this PSU, and I can't get into the bios to check if it works properly. Maybe I could take it back to NCIX and get them to test it if I get desperate. Also read my edit.