CPU Face off ! - Firestrike

The rules.

You must be sure to meet the criteria here for the comparisons to be fair !

Your CPU needs to be clocked to 4.2ghz or less so that we can see how each CPU stacks up. Running different clocks will skew the results so that they are not accurate.

How to run the test

Download 3Dmark (AKA 3Dmark 13) here.

http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmark

The free demo is around 1gb to download. Install it, then run it and post a link to your results, NOT just a screenshot. You can also post a screen shot if you wish, but you must provide a link to validate.

When you are done post your link, it's the Firestrike test you are looking at here. You can also post in text and screenshot but again, you must provide a valid link !

Why are we doing this?

Firestrike seems to see as many cores as you can throw at it so is a fair benchmark to use to compare CPUs. It does assume that in the near future everything will see 8 cores which is obviously a prospective view, but with the way the consoles are headed it's almost guaranteed. This way we can start a database (please consider making this sticky) to compare a given CPU to another one.

If you decide to clock higher then that's fine, but your score will only serve as a reference at that given speed.

Thanks for reading, and happy benchmarking !

Andy

Edit - Please tell us which drivers you are using !

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I'll run the test later, but my drivers are beta, so they won't be verifiable.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Aha ! great thinking GG ! Yes, please give the details of any drivers you may be using ! as we can then get a good idea of what ones work better with Firestrike !

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Ok, I will start. I did this runthrough a while ago.

I have the i3-3220 at stock of course.

Here is the link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/695356

Edit: I ran it with the latest chipset drivers if you mean that by drivers. My GPU is also running at 320.18 driver from NVIDIA, but that doesn't really matter, does it?

MSI Z77MA-G45; Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz with stock cooler (75°C max. in Prime95); Corsiar Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz CL9; EVGA GTX 650Ti SSC 2GB GDDR5 @ stock; Samsung 840 120GB (15s boot time); WD Green 500GB; Corsair CX430; Corsair 350D; BenQ RL2455HM (best gaming 60Hz monitor); Logitech G400 mouse; Logitech K120 keyboard; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

It should be noted that just because one CPU attains a higher score than another, doesn't mean that it's better overall. The Firestrike test is probably one of the more accurate benchmarks, though.

Aha ! great thinking GG ! Yes, please give the details of any drivers you may be using ! as we can then get a good idea of what ones work better with Firestrike !

You should add that to the original post, people might miss it.

You should add that to the original post, people might miss it.

Good call, done :)

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/727309?

This is my test result. Though the core clock is actually 1.2GHz. Not 1GHz. Also, turns out I am using official drivers. Drivers are 320.18.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Edit: I ran it with the latest chipset drivers if you mean that by drivers. My GPU is also running at 320.18 driver from NVIDIA, but that doesn't really matter, does it?

Yes that's the important one.It can seriously affect the scores.

Woops. I'm disqualified. My CPU is at 4.4GHz.

Nevermind.

Woops. I'm disqualified. My CPU is at 4.4GHz.

Nevermind.

It's still useful but try and drop it 200mhz :)

My results.

Nvidia drivers - 320.18

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/687125

Also, I ran the extreme version.

Also, I ran the extreme version.

Oops lmao. I wondered why your GPU scored so low.

Oh well.

Cool idea! I'll lower the clock on my 2700K and post results! 
Also isn't 3dMark more of a GPU intensive benchmark? Is the physics score the CPU benchmark? 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Here's my score.

Running the AMD 13.6 Beta driver. RAM is clocked @ 1666MHz.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Here is mine with a 1090T at 3.2GHz with a 680 @ 1228MHz core clock and 6.4GHz memory

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/727525  All the 3 tests

Firestrike:  http://www.3dmark.com/fs/511207

Drivers: 320.18 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

This is mine on 4.4gHz, Driver 9.12, catalyst 13.1

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/512741

Didn't bother down-clock because i tested Vantage and 11 on same. But on 3dmark11 it went down to 3gHz by it self.
And the driver was valid on Vantage and 11.