1st time build help

--Dice--

I'm thinking of building a new PC for gaming (1st time)
and this is what I've come up with so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Wf4rpg

If possible can u guys recommend a motherboard, RAM and power supply?
also, if the cooling will be able to fit in the case?

Which windows OS should I run? I see others with a different version of windows 8

I'm trying to stick within a budget of US$1500, are there any ways for me to cut cost?

Thanks!

Which windows OS should I run? I see others with a different version of windows 8

I'm trying to stick within a budget of US$1500, are there any ways for me to cut cost?

Thanks!

if you will be using it only for gaming you should probably go with a cheaper cpu

• go for only 8GB of ram

Use stock cooler for now, then maybe upgrade to the H100i later if unsatisfied

Windows 8, deffo

Compatible with Windows 95

The PSU is overkill. Get the 750/680watt version. The Mobo looks fine, so does the Ram.

-edit: Nearly forgot about windows. Buy a key in an online store. You can safe aroun 100$ there.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Thanks!

For a gaming build, you dont need an i7, get an i5 4690k instead

Overkill PSU. For single GTX 970, you need around 500-550W PSU for it, if you plan to SLI in the future, 700-750W is enough

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Wow, thanks for all the recommendations so far.

The suggestion to get the OS online was great! didn't think about that. As for the power supply, i have chosen a 750w and decided to go with stock cooling for now.

Also, I heard that 16gb of RAM was overkill for gaming so I went for 8gb.

Thanks for the suggestions on both the CPU and motherboard. however, I want to get an i7 to make room for future upgrades.

As for the mobo, upon searching for the MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard I have come across the MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard which one is better?

A little upgrade to some parts seemed fine due to the removal and downgrade of others

Thanks!

Right now its: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qHptkL

Wow, thanks for all the recommendations so far.

The suggestion to get the OS online was great! didn't think about that. As for the power supply, i have chosen a 750w and decided to go with stock cooling for now.

Also, I heard that 16gb of RAM was overkill for gaming so I went for 8gb.

Thanks for the suggestions on both the CPU and motherboard. however, I want to get an i7 to make room for future upgrades.

As for the mobo, upon searching for the MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard I have come across the MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard which one is better?

A little upgrade to some parts seemed fine due to the removal and downgrade of others

Thanks!

Right now its: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qHptkL

Well that Gaming 7 is better, and the Gaming 9 is even better than that. However, each one is in an increased price bracket which is why I suggested the Gaming 5. But in the end it's your choice whether or not you want to grab those extra features and such....

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($338.78 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($138.99 @ NCIX US) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.97 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($349.99 @ NCIX US) 

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ NCIX US) 

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($19.98 @ OutletPC) 

Total: $1340.16

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-30 10:08 EDT-0400

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($28.49 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($138.99 @ NCIX US) 

Thanks lee32uk, but is there any reasons why you went with these parts? Are these brands more reliable or something?

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($28.49 @ OutletPC) 

Thanks lee32uk, but is there any reasons why you went with these parts? Are these brands more reliable or something?

No real reason apart from personal preference. They are all good brands though. Your spec in the first post is fine, although I wouldn't go for a Corsair RM psu. If you are spending that sort of money on a psu then I would go with the EVGA Supernova G2.

I would recommend:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB, SATA 6Gb/s (ST1000DM003)

Crucial MX100 256GB, SATA 6Gb/s (CT256MX100SSD1)

Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, 4x 3.40GHz, Sockel 1150, boxed (BX80646E31231V3)

Crucial Ballistix Sport DIMM Kit 8GB, DDR3-1600, CL9-9-9-24 (BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00)

ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5, GeForce GTX 970, 4GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (90YV07F0-M0NA00)

Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H

LG Electronics GH24NSB0 schwarz, SATA, bulk (GH24NSB0.AUAA10B)

EKL Alpenföhn Brocken ECO (84000000106)

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (FD-CA-ARC-R2-BL-W)

be quiet! Straight Power E10-CM 500W ATX 2.4 (E10-CM-500W/BN234)

Also if it is just a gaming pc then you can drop down to the i5 4690K.