Logitech g430

xnoobftw

Where does this headset stand in the gaming headset lineup? And are there any better headsets for the same or lower cost?

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Hyper cloud is the best bang for your buck that you'll find. How does the price compare to it?

Hyper cloud is the best bang for your buck that you'll find. How does the price compare to it?

Hmmm how good of a headset are we talking? I think hyper cloud is $20 more expensive!

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Hmmm how good of a headset are we talking? I think hyper cloud is $20 more expensive!

best headset up to about $150

best headset up to about $150

Hmm any headsets other than mine (g430) that supports 7.1 and is under $100?

I don't recommend 7.1. You'lll be paying more for a gimmick than for actual sound quality. 

its fake 7.1 and is not a feature that you should want. if you need it use razer's free program.

its fake 7.1 and is not a feature that you should want. if you need it use razer's free program.

but it really gave me an edge in bf4 D:

but it really gave me an edge in bf4 D:

Have you tried it with proper headphones/headset in headhphone or stereo mode? All that does it take stereo and make it even sound more like "surround" but a game with proper audio should already do this.

I just bought these, got them in the mail yesterday, so far so good, there was a firmware update and the gaming software to install but the sound is good.   I had Logitech 330's before but they weren't closed ear at all, too much ambient noise from around the room was leaking in, not a good thing at all.  Software controlled EQ had no presets, so far that's my only complaint.  I use these for more than just gaming though, music is important and the 7.1 really comes through on these, good bass.  

Good value, but yes, you can't compare these 65 dollar headphones to 300 dollar ones, that would be asking too much.  Build quality on these is really good though, nothing flimsy in the wire connection points, like I've found on a lot of other ones where if you try to bend the cable at the point it enters the earpiece it will easily bend and if you tug the cable comes out, not so with these.  Accidental tugs and pulling happens to every headset, these will hold up to those stresses pretty well. 

Maybe in a week my opinion will change, after all I've only worn these about an hour at a time, after 10 hours of gaming I might have a different opinion on the comfort level, but so far so good. 

EDIT: Newegg has these Refurbished for 39.99.  Just thought I'd share. 

Where does this headset stand in the gaming headset lineup? And are there any better headsets for the same or lower cost?

I suggest you read the audio FAQ on this forum.

If you want a cheap headset grab the G230's, they're the exact same headphone but there are better options for the money.

If you want a cheap headset grab the G230's, they're the exact same headphone but there are better options for the money.

yep I agree for that and newegg regularly has them on sale for $30-$40

I got mine for $15 new a while back, only reason I own them lol. Pretty good for that price for sure. 

Have you tried it with proper headphones/headset in headhphone or stereo mode? All that does it take stereo and make it even sound more like "surround" but a game with proper audio should already do this.

Hmm i couldnt really afford those really high end ones... (just a student here) How good are we talking? :D SSD good (from HDD)?

I just bought these, got them in the mail yesterday, so far so good, there was a firmware update and the gaming software to install but the sound is good.   I had Logitech 330's before but they weren't closed ear at all, too much ambient noise from around the room was leaking in, not a good thing at all.  Software controlled EQ had no presets, so far that's my only complaint.  I use these for more than just gaming though, music is important and the 7.1 really comes through on these, good bass.  

Good value, but yes, you can't compare these 65 dollar headphones to 300 dollar ones, that would be asking too much.  Build quality on these is really good though, nothing flimsy in the wire connection points, like I've found on a lot of other ones where if you try to bend the cable at the point it enters the earpiece it will easily bend and if you tug the cable comes out, not so with these.  Accidental tugs and pulling happens to every headset, these will hold up to those stresses pretty well. 

Maybe in a week my opinion will change, after all I've only worn these about an hour at a time, after 10 hours of gaming I might have a different opinion on the comfort level, but so far so good. 

EDIT: Newegg has these Refurbished for 39.99.  Just thought I'd share. 

I've actually gotten the g430.... But idk whether to get a higher grade one (did you ever experience the sound sorta dying out a lil and then come back to normal?) Like the sound screeches a lilttle

I got mine for $15 new a while back, only reason I own them lol. Pretty good for that price for sure. 

I've gotten the g430 already! But idk whether to go for a better one!

I notice when I first plug them in there is a little pop to indicate power is going to them.  But you have to remember the USB dongle is a mini sound card so it does have to power that.   Otherwise if you have a decent sound chip on your board or even a sound card, you won't be using it unless you plug it directly without the USB dongle.   

I notice when I first plug them in there is a little pop to indicate power is going to them.  But you have to remember the USB dongle is a mini sound card so it does have to power that.   Otherwise if you have a decent sound chip on your board or even a sound card, you won't be using it unless you plug it directly without the USB dongle.   

that usb soundcard is the one that provides 7.1 right?

that usb soundcard is the one that provides 7.1 right?

Yes but I don't think it's the soundcard that does it per se, but rather the software.  I mean it says right on the packaging in order to have surround sound you need to install the software.  Maybe the two are linked, but if they are then it's not clearly stated that you have to use their USB dongle to get 7.1, just the software, so if your sound card is 7.1 capable it's the software that makes it happen. 

Yes but I don't think it's the soundcard that does it per se, but rather the software.  I mean it says right on the packaging in order to have surround sound you need to install the software.  Maybe the two are linked, but if they are then it's not clearly stated that you have to use their USB dongle to get 7.1, just the software, so if your sound card is 7.1 capable it's the software that makes it happen.

u have to use the use thing to get the "7.1" the software just controls it.

u have to use the use thing to get the "7.1" the software just controls it.

Ah, wasn't aware of that.  Good info.