Alienware Area 51

Alienware is crap.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H CPU: i5 4690k GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB @ 1600mhz Case: Fractal Design define R5 CPU-Block: EK-Supremacy Acetal GPU-Block:EK-FC970 GTX WF3 Pump: Alphacool VPP655  Reservoir: EK-XRES 140 D5 HDD: WD Blue 1TB Keyboard: Ducky shine 3 /w mx black

The exterior of the case looks alright. The interior I'm not so sure of -_- 120mm fans or lower :/

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Not worth it...

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Build it yourself. it would cost less. alienware products are all overpriced

How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.  :D

*grabs popcorn*

post-52613-0-77093600-1411896216.gif

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

I don't think tis worth the price, It's cool if you can find it heavily discounted when it comes out, which I doubt it would be. 

I dont recommend it too overpriced but if you got money too spend y not the chassis is sexy IMO

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz | COOLING: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Maximus VII Formula ATX | MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2 x 8) DDR3-1866 | STORAGE: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX860i 80+ Platinum | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 780Ti DirectCU II (2-Way SLI) | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe (Black) | DISPLAY: ASUS PB278Q 27.0" (2560 x 1440) | KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | SOUND: Logitech Z906 5.1 Speakers / Razer Kraken Chroma | OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I think it looks nice, and I think you should spend your money how you see fit and not to a bunch of 12 year olds who scream "DAE ALIENWARE IS HITLER?" at every possible moment. 

If you care for price/performance ratio at all, stay away from alienware and build your own pc.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Alienware is crap.

+1

Concise and tells you all you needed to know.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

+1

Concise and tells you all you needed to know.

Except it doesn't. If someone is asking for advice on something to build, it helps to explain why something might be, as he put it, crap.

Other people have already explained why you shouldn't purchase Alienware, so I won't bother. I will say though, that I expected more from this forum.

Maybe not much more, but still more.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

That case is dope.  Alienware in general isn't worth it though.

Except it doesn't. If someone is asking for advice on something to build, it helps to explain why something might be, as he put it, crap.

Other people have already explained why you shouldn't purchase Alienware, so I won't bother. I will say though, that I expected more from this forum.

Maybe not much more, but still more.

He wanted to buy a prebuilt...

So yes, it tells him all he needed to know. Why you should not purchase Alienware is obvious when you see pricetag vs. the price of separate components.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...