What do you guys think about parents who limit their kids computer and console time?

Tahab_1

Having grown up in the era of screen time becoming a problem, my child wont be getting a device they can use 24/7 until I deem them old enough. I didn't use a monitor/phone on the regular until I was 12/13.

I'm not gonna pretend that I didn't try to get as much screen time as possible. But I also see the effect of being online all the time. I worry that my child would miss out on so much more of the world. I love just sitting at a beautiful location. Now you look weird if you sit down and don't whip your phone out

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I have to do my homework or whatever before I can use the computer, after that I can go on as much as I want.

It works because it motivates me to actually do it rather than procrastinating.

Yet but the same means it may also be that you may rush through the homework to use the computer.

I am not restricted, although i spend most of my day on my pc. Most homework can just be typed on the computer and/or they require drawings / pictures which i am not good at (Thus i use things like gimp for posters etc). My parents only put restrictions in what games i can play.

Mostly what is seen as games that are overly addictive (WoW, DotA and league) but i never really stick to a game anyways, i just play whatever i want. Plus, that is the only way i play with my friends, and i do spend a lot of time playing FSX (too many addons) and iRacing / rFactor / Euro truck so i am not really playing that many innapropiate games. Ok i have like 100 hours on cs:go and 330 on my brothers acount on cs 1.6 but that is it, Oh and 186 on Planetside 2 which has become boring and i rarely play.

Could be that i get good grades in school in most core subjects (i hate P.E like my dad so yea) and i hate English just because i find it boring and repetitive. Maths and Science i do extremely well on and considering i want to become a Pilot / Engineer in the Aeronautics field i think i do well.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb