How far can you overclock core 2 duo e4300?

TrxBoy

Whoaa,A Core 2 Duo E4300 running at 2.8 Ghz on 78c ! Well,On a Stock cooler ? Not more,Even this speed is a big risk.Soon,You will fry both your Motherboard and CPU.I highly recommend you to go for the Cooler Master Hyper 212X or The Better Deepcool Assasin.You can also take a look at this awesome looking Air CPU Cooler - Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme.It comws with Thermal paste.It will definitely reduce your Temps.If you have more money,I also recommend you to go for a Decent Entry-level Water Cooling System like the Corsair H40 or the Corsair H60 Water Cooling System.Some more bucks and get the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro.It will keep your Temps under 40c after that,You have much more headroom to OC.I think MAX would be 3.3 to 3.5 Ghz.Thank you

i5 2500K - Kicking the butt of AMD,But I like AMD more than Intel !!  :lol:

Whoaa,A Core 2 Duo E4300 running at 2.8 Ghz on 78c ! Well,On a Stock cooler ? Not more,Even this speed is a big risk.Soon,You will fry both your Motherboard and CPU.I highly recommend you to go for the Cooler Master Hyper 212X or The Better Deepcool Assasin.You can also take a look at this awesome looking Air CPU Cooler - Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme.It comws with Thermal paste.It will definitely reduce your Temps.If you have more money,I also recommend you to go for a Decent Entry-level Water Cooling System like the Corsair H40 or the Corsair H60 Water Cooling System.Some more bucks and get the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro.It will keep your Temps under 40c after that,You have much more headroom to OC.I think MAX would be 3.3 to 3.5 Ghz.Thank you

should i go for fx6300 if this core 2 duo can hit at 3.5 Ghz with Cooler Master Hyper 212X????? would fx6300 be necessary then???? 

Defenitly Sir.Actually I was Thinking that  :D ! The FX 6300 is a Much better CPU than that of the E4300,Sir.It also makes more sense than going for an i3 and Trying to OC it.You can get her up pretty stable even at 4.5 Ghz on the Hyper 212X with Maximum 60c.And with a Water-cooling System like the Ones from Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro,You can bring her up to 5 Ghz and MAX 5.2 Ghz and she won't crash as again the Temp will be well under 60c.Even at 4.5Ghz,It can scare the hell out of the i3 ! The Performance will be on the same as the Stock-clocked i5 2500K.Thank you  

Defenitly Sir.Actually I was Thinking that  :D ! The FX 6300 is a Much better CPU than that of the E4300,Sir.It also makes more sense than going for an i3 and Trying to OC it.You can get her up pretty stable even at 4.5 Ghz on the Hyper 212X with Maximum 60c.And with a Water-cooling System like the Ones from Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro,You can bring her up to 5 Ghz and MAX 5.2 Ghz and she won't crash as again the Temp will be well under 60c.Even at 4.5Ghz,It can scare the hell out of the i3 ! The Performance will be on the same as the Stock-clocked i5 2500K.Thank you  

:rolleyes: first time i heard something good of amd from an intel user  :P

Thank you Very much !! Even I hate Intel Fanboys.They think AMD is and always be a Loser.The Weak in AMD is that Their Cores are weaker than Intel Cores.But AMD will be back ! They are really working hard and keeping a close look over the Market.I've heard they will be bringing back the FX Series in 2 years with 10nm Manufacturing Process.They survive only because of Low-budget Gaming PC Builders and their Awesome Radeon GPUs.Thank you

Thank you Very much !! Even I hate Intel Fanboys.They think AMD is and always be a Loser.The Weak in AMD is that Their Cores are weaker than Intel Cores.But AMD will be back ! They are really working hard and keeping a close look over the Market.I've heard they will be bringing back the FX Series in 2 years with 10nm Manufacturing Process.They survive only because of Low-budget Gaming PC Builders and their Awesome Radeon GPUs.Thank you

the problem of amd is marketing...i don' see ads of amd processors on tv......another thing is revenue....Amd got only 5 billion wheres intel got 40+ billion dollar...so intel can hire the best engineers and designers........

Oh !! Well,I didn't know that.In my Country,India,There are Almost NO Ads on any CPUs.I remember the Ad of Pentium Dual core.So,Coming to the Topic,What's your Decision Sir ? Thank you

I had my (Different chip) C2D E4400 2.2Ghz @ 3.1Ghz with stock cooling.

Could have been lucky.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system