Good universities for Engineering (Electrical, and or Computer)?

Tola

So i'm starting to look into universities and I wanna get an idea of what universities I should start looking at. I'm in Canada and am looking either to go to a university in Canada or in the U.S. Any help?

PLEASE USE PCPARTPICKER.  My rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZBmWjX

So i'm starting to look into universities and I wanna get an idea of what universities I should start looking at. I'm in Canada and am looking either to go to a university in Canada or in the U.S. Any help?

Computer science/engineering In the US: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, U of Michigan, Carnegie Melon, caltech, Berkley, UCLA, U of Austin Texas.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Computer science/engineering In the US: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, U of Michigan, Carnegie Melon, caltech, Berkley 

I think I heard something about Stanford in one of the university seminars at my school but i'm not sure. Would Stanford be a good option for engineering?

PLEASE USE PCPARTPICKER.  My rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZBmWjX

I think I heard something about Stanford in one of the university seminars at my school but i'm not sure. Would Stanford be a good option for engineering?

All of those schools have an excellent engineering programs -- although I only specifically know about their CS/CE programs. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

University of Wisconsin-Stout has a Computer Engineering major with a very good value for the quality of education you get. The program wasn't the right fit for me and I just transferred to a CIS/IT major, but the school has some very, very good professors there. I would recommend the school to anyone with a fitting major.  Stout is also a polytechnic, so you, and employers will know that you have practical experience as well.  And if you come along the tired phrase, "if in doubt go to Stout," please ignore it, it's just been some lame joke that people say since at one point, I think it was kinda a vocational school. Apart from that, Stout is a very good school, and I would recommend you give it some thought.

-Cheers!!!

-P.S. My initials are really P.B.J. Does that explain enough? :D

University of Wisconsin-Stout has a Computer Engineering major with a very good value for the quality of education you get. The program wasn't the right fit for me and I just transferred to a CIS/IT major, but the school has some very, very good professors there. I would recommend the school to anyone with a fitting major.  Stout is also a polytechnic, so you, and employers will know that you have practical experience as well.  And if you come along the tired phrase, "if in doubt go to Stout," please ignore it, it's just been some lame joke that people say since at one point, I think it was kinda a vocational school. Apart from that, Stout is a very good school, and I would recommend you give it some thought.

I'm pretty sure Madison is the better of the two for CS/CE. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure Madison is the better of the two for CS/CE. 

Well lets see, they have the same accreditation, Stout offers a strong career services program(companies come to them for the school's students), 2% of classes are 50 students or more, 18:1 student teacher ratio, once the degree is obtained, you automatically have Comp Sci. and Math minor (Not sure about Madison it's hard to navigate and squeeze info out of it), and all that for 10,000 USD less than Madison. I'd say that's a pretty darn good deal.  Just because Madison costs more, and is the central university in the system does not necessarily make it a better institution.  Stouts gotten students in coops with NASA for crying out loud!

-Cheers!!!

Oh, and every student receives a laptop from the school, and you never have to buy a book for a class, the school has all of the textbooks available for rent within their library. This is all included in the tuition, no extra charges.

-Cheers!!!