Windows 8.1 File Explorer Crash on Right Click

Hey LTT forums 

Today I just noticed that whenever I try to right-click on a folder in the left column of file explorer it just crashes/closes, and my task bar flashes off, then the task bar goes back on but my file explorer is not open. So then I have to try again and again ... So far I've tried restarting my computer and everything, but thing happened. Please if anyone knows how to fix this, help. 

Thanks 

- LuckyDuckstr

CPU: AMD FX-9370 | CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D14 | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 770 (2GB) |RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS X  2x4GB 1866 | STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO (250GB) | CASENZXT H440 - Red & Black | PSU: XFX PRO XTR 80+GOLD (750W) | KEYBOARDDUCKY SHINE 3 CHERRY MX BLUE RED LED | MONITOR: AOC E2460SD | OS: WINDOWS 8.1 x64

Steam: LemonThongder Origin: LemonThongder

Try reinstalling or repairing windows?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Try reinstalling or repairing windows?

i really want to keep all of my stuff, so would this delete everything?

- LuckyDuckstr

CPU: AMD FX-9370 | CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D14 | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 770 (2GB) |RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS X  2x4GB 1866 | STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO (250GB) | CASENZXT H440 - Red & Black | PSU: XFX PRO XTR 80+GOLD (750W) | KEYBOARDDUCKY SHINE 3 CHERRY MX BLUE RED LED | MONITOR: AOC E2460SD | OS: WINDOWS 8.1 x64

i really want to keep all of my stuff, so would this delete everything?

repairing wont

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

• 3 weeks later...

k so i just repaired it today, since i was able to borrow my friends external disc reader/burner 
and i repaired the windows. 

i noticed that the problem was solved as long as the disc was in the reader, and the reader was connected to my computer. 

however now that the disc isn't in the reader, which isn't connected to my computer anymore, I am having the same troubles all over again.

- LuckyDuckstr